Business Development Director
Los Angeles , CA 90012
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
This is a sales job to the point that the Business Development Director would be identifying companies within the Commercial and Industrial space that are "distressed". Our company helps these companies extract value from their industrial and consumer assets, machinery, and equipment. Through cold calling, research and past experience/contacts, the Business Development Director will identify these companies, visit their facilities/warehouses and assess the value of said assets and then provide to our Los Angeles office. The main goal for the company is to either purchase these assets outright or sell via auction for a commission.
WORK REMOTELY but willing to travel up to 50% (to prospective facilities in US/Canada and LA office). ALL TRAVEL RELATED EXPENSES ARE PAID FOR.
WORK HOURS: 9AM-6PM as it relates to LA office but there is certainly flexibility as you are working remote and traveling.
- Develop strong working relationships within the banking and insolvency communities, with a focus on commercial and industrial opportunities, and working to identify needs and providing solutions to clients.
- Achieving assigned revenue quota.
- Develops and maintains a pipeline of new and follow-on business.
- Self-motivated with excellent cold calling skills and the ability to generate leads through calls, emails, face to face outreach, and social media.
- Initiates contact to identify and qualify new revenue opportunities.
- Follow up with prospects to review proposed solutions, develop proposals, determine project start dates, and obtain signed contracts.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders.
- Visit client site locations and assess values on subject assets.
- Develop business plans / proformas to accomplish sales objectives.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Work with team to ensure that projects are fulfilled in a timely manner.
- Creating and maintaining the CRM with prospective clients and projects while maintaining client information.
- Collaborating with management on sales goals, planning, and forecasting.
- Detail-oriented and deadline-driven.
- Time management skills, ability to multi-task.
- Team player who is resourceful enough to work independently.
- Experience with Word and Excel; PPT; etc.
- General knowledge of Industrial Machinery and Equipment.
- Requires a BS/BA (or higher) degree with a minimum 5 years proven B2B sales success.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills with comprehensive experience using a modern CRM.
- Strong presentation, strategic thinking, negotiation, and closing skills.
- Must be an energetic, enthusiastic, highly motivated team player with a demonstrated ability to close business.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Able to work accurately under stress and pressure to meet competing deadlines.
- Tenacity to handle rejection and continue on with a positive attitude when reaching next potential client.
- Willingness & ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Health, Vision, Dental, 401K
- Salary plus Commission.
- Salary (100K -120K) paid every 2 weeks. Commissions paid quarterly.