Business Development Director - Insurtech
Santa Monica Talent
New York , NY 10010
Posted 1 month ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
- Well funded UK Insurtech partner with some of the best and largest insurance companies in the world, including Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway.
- We are now looking for a Business Development Director to open our US office, based in New York.
- Exciting role with a new type of London based Insurtech software scaleup.
- Develop and run software systems for insurance companies via a SaaS subscription model, built on best-of-breed, cloud-based, multi-tenant, application software
- Currently, 65 people strong and have clear plans to 10x current revenues in Europe and the US.
What's important to us:
- We need someone entrepreneurial who can drive US ambitions
- You know that current insurance technology is broken and that there are huge opportunities on a modern stack
- You love the insurance industry but know brokers and insureds can be served so much better Insurtech
- You are a self starter and think you know how to scale InsurTech propositions
- You really understand US P&C insurance
- You are a strong C level communicator
- You want to start your own firm. One day.
- You are smart, pragmatic and like to leverage things that already work well
- Develop our IaaS (Saas) proposition
- Acquire new MGA and regional carriers clients
- Grow existing client revenues
- Work with a mix of local, nearshore and our London based engineering teams to deliver iPaaS.
- Drive top line revenue growth
- Experience in an InsurTech or Insurance Technology Enterprise Sales
- You will probably have experience working in other sectors in a b2b technology sales, consulting or delivery role.
- You should be a natural leader with the ability to get your hands dirty, understand technology and develop a long term vision.
- Hopefully, you will have some good relationships in P&C but we also know that bringing a fresh perspective may be more important to new clients
- You will be an outstanding communicator and a great listener
- You are able to step into a fast paced and highly motivated environment to add value and perspective
We offer you a position in one of the hottest insurance startups and a chance to truly be a part of something great and challenging. We will offer Equity.
You will part of the senior team growing our US (East Coast) business. You will spend time in London learning about the insurance products we are building and most importantly absorb our culture and help develop US.