Business Development Coordinator
Lake View Terrace , CA 91342
Posted 4 months ago
At Phoenix House, change is something we embrace every day as part of our values to deliver exceptional care. Phoenix House provides individualized, holistic drug and alcohol addiction treatment, with a legacy spanning nearly 50 years. We are passionate about healing individuals, families and communities challenged by substance use disorders and related mental health conditions. Phoenix House supports the mission through a holistic approach that focuses on the distinct mental, physical, and social needs of every person; innovation of best-in-class and evidence-based prevention, treatment, and recovery programs; and, the promotion of greater understanding of addiction. Our devoted staff are committed to treating the whole personand come from all fields.
We operate personalized, strength-based, gender-responsive programs while living the values and being accountable for our commitments. Being introspective and becoming part of the solution is integral to every interaction and person we touch. As One Phoenix House we believe in having fun along the way embracing progress not perfection as our journey continues.
(Full-Time) Reporting to the Regional Director of Business Development and Communication , the Business Development Coordinator is responsible for developing, promoting, and selling all assigned clinical services for collaboration program staff; securing new business; gathering information about clients needs; maintaining a comprehensive reporting and record keeping system; and increasing the census by securing and maintaining strong referral sources.
- Variable Daytime, Evening, and Weekend
- Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing, or Sales preferred.
- Six years marketing experience within the health care industry, preferably in the substance treatment or mental health field required.
- Pursue learning and self-development; actively seek feedback; transfer learning into next steps. Communicate importance of learning to group and help others pursue learning opportunities. Solicit feedback from others on performance.
- Work in situations involving uncertainty, shifting priorities, and rapid change; deal constructively with mistakes and setbacks; demonstrate flexibility. Change own immediate behavior or approach to suit the situation. Remain open-minded and adjust approach on basis of new information.
- Recognize own knowledge, skills, and abilities; respond to challenging situations with confidence; understand limits in self. Make sound decisions despite uncertainties and pressures. View self as change agent or catalyst.
- Listen to feedback and input carefully; demonstrate attention to others; acknowledge and listen to differing perspectives in a group. Adapt listening behaviors to others. Respond to non-verbal cues of speaker. Attend to speakers body language. Use active listening to move discussions to closure or decision points.
- Express ideas clearly and concisely in groups and one-to-one conversations; create an environment with open channels of communication. State a single idea or opinion in a clear, concise statement. Present new ideas to authority figures or customers. Share information with a group in a logical, concise manner. Generate opportunities for information flow among others.
- Convey information clearly and concisely through both formal and informal documents; adapt writing style to fit the audience. Refine writing and content to achieve greatest impact. Prepare reports and proposals using standard organizational templates that are clearly understood by the audience.
- Technical expertise- Demonstrate technical proficiency required to do the job; possess up-to-date knowledge in the profession; provide technical expertise to others. Seek experiences and knowledge in technical/functional areas to gain additional expertise. Troubleshoot systems/processes effectively. Seek experiences and knowledge in technical/functional areas to gain additional expertise. Troubleshoot systems/processes effectively.
- Gather relevant information systematically; break down problems into simple components; make sound decisions. See multiple relationships among several parts of a problem. Recognize likely causes of events or consequences of actions. Use data from multiple sources to support assumptions.
- Approach problems with curiosity and open-mindedness; offer new ideas, solutions and/or options. Generate new ideas and solutions by utilizing multiple resources. Challenge others in a group to identify creative approaches.
- Show consistency among principles, values, and behavior; gain the confidence and trust of others. Encourage a high-integrity environment. Model principled and ethical behavior consistent with organizational core values.
- Demonstrates, by practice, a comprehensive understanding of relevant portions of the Corporate compliance Plan and Code of Conduct by carrying out work tasks in accordance with the Plan and the Code.
Phoenix House conducts as needed, job-related background checks, fingerprints, drug testing, physical exams, medical exams, TB testing, verification of employment history and/or reference checks prior to employment.
Phoenix House is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equality of opportunity to all who are protected against discrimination by law, regulation or executive order, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
EEO is the Law: Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf to learn more.
EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled