Business Consultant Specialist - Senior
Cross Ocean Technologies
San Diego , CA 92101
Posted 6 days ago
This position supports the Business Line leadership in the development and execution of analyses, plans, and business processes that support regional and national strategies. The Business Consultant Specialist will work closely with the regional and national Business Line leadership, key national and regional functional areas and other lines of business.
The work includes assessments, identifying impacts, developing work plans and identifying outcomes and critical path milestones to monitor performance or progress. Responsibilities may include executing on tactics and initiatives. This individual will play a key role in keeping current on federal and state legislation related to individual and family plans, developing and executing implementation plans as needed. This individual will also be tasked with leading and coordinating projects and initiatives that cross functional areas, regions, and business lines.
- Responsible for supporting the development, execution and ongoing monitoring of regional and national strategies and work streams; able to be a thought partner with stakeholders to identify analytic gaps and opportunities; works with other national leaders within and outside the business line and functional areas to develop comprehensive solutions.
- Lead/support cross functional/regional projects; develop plans with clear goals, timelines, milestones and key outcomes in partnership with functional and regional leaders; monitors progress and results, identifies risks and works with functional or regional business leaders and staff to create mitigation plans.
- Monitors changes to environment that can impact strategies, business plans, and business processes; partners with leaders, functional areas and other lines of business to conduct analyses and action plans as needed.
- Coordinates data and reports across functional areas and regions as needed to support the business line.
- Supports regions in executing specific initiatives as needed.
- Interacts with key leaders to provide status reporting including executive reporting, cross team reporting and program wide reporting.
- Establishes relationships with supervisors, peers and project members to obtain necessary resources and gain support in project delivery and intentionally builds relationships across the organization to gain buy-in and move initiatives forward.
- Organizes and guides projects through complex decision making regarding resource allocation, project scope and deliverable's in the context of conflicting priorities and limited resources.
- Provides leadership when problem solving and able to evaluate analyses prepared by project team members and to select most effective resolution.
- Identifies issues or decisions which must be escalated to the VP level or possibly the executive sponsor level.
- No direct supervisory responsibilities but is expected to mentor program/project team members as needed to improve skills and capabilities.
Strong ability to assess business need and work in cross-functional environment to deliver creative and effective solutions. Broad-based cross-functional experience in application development and interface design is essential. Must be able to interpret business requirements and develop processes/ applications to support the same. Ability to convey information in concise written format and design expressive presentation material a plus.
Prior healthcare experience preferred
- 5 - 10 years work experience in health plans or related field, three or more years in a consulting role with specific experience in leading and managing complex, cross functional initiatives.
- Experience leading multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Must be able to work independently and be a strong thought partner with leaders and other team members.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, must be able to adjust verbal and written communications depending on audience e.g., executives vs. project team
- Bachelor's/Master' Degree or 4 equivalent years of experience
- Proficient in MS Office suite of products, MS Visio, MS Project
- Experience analyzing complex data from multiple sources and developing reports/recommendations
- Project Management or a process re-engineering certificate
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Cross Ocean Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability (mental or physical), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion or creed, sex, sexual orientation, or any other factor that is not related to the job.