Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Business Banking Underwriter I Manchester, VT Collections/Workout Compliance Analyst Flexible Collector I East Syracuse, NY Commercial Credit Internship
Albany , NY 12201
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Division: Retail Banking
Department: Small Business Administration
Reports to: VP, Small Business Operations
Location: Manchester, VT
Under the direction of the Small Business Servicing Manger, the Small Business Underwriter analyzes and summarizes applicant financial statements to facilitate lending decisions for average credits. Prepares credit-related reports for presentation to Small Business Servicing Manager.
- Prepares concise written reports to facilitate lending decisions on new, renewal, and extension loans, and other bank facilities for average credits, including a recommended credit rating, summary of facts, identification of key borrower and industry risks and mitigating factors, as well as a complete and accurate statement of the bank's borrowing relationship. 35%
- Analyzes and spreads financial statements and tax returns to assess the financial condition of existing and new borrowers and their financial viability. Assesses the adequacy of collateral. Analyzes and assesses trends, ratios and cash flow. 25%
- Confirms accuracy of all submitted data and ensures compliance of submitted applications with all established Bank, regulatory and compliance guidelines. Ensures loan decisions are processed within established timeframes and in accordance with bank policies and procedures. Effectively communicates with branch personnel, business bankers and internal staff to explain terms of decision. Recommends possible program adjustments to better meet the need of the borrower. 25%
- Obtains and reviews financial data from the credit file or outside sources, determines additional information/investigation needs and contacts appropriate sources to ensure a complete financial overview for analysis. 10%
- Assumes additional responsibilities and duties as necessary to ensure department objectives are met. 5%
- Ensures compliance with all banking laws, rules, regulations, and prescribed policies/practices/procedures necessary to reduce risk and uphold ethical standards related to and required by one's duties.
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Accounting or Business preferred, or equivalent work experience
1+ years' commercial loan experience or general banking experience
1+ years' Credit analysis experience desirable
General business experience in accounting or finance
Skills & Knowledge:
Strong analytical skills
Strong knowledge of both financial and managerial accounting
Computer skills (Word & Excel)
Strong written/verbal communication skills
Ability to prioritize and work under pressure
Solid interpersonal skills