Business Analyst (Software)
Vista Entertainment Solutions
Los Angeles , CA 90001
Posted 3 months ago
Vista Entertainment Solutions Los Angeles
Vista Entertainment Solutions is a global leader in film industry software solutions. We are one of the leading producers of software for the cinema market worldwide. Vista software is used to operate cinemas in over 65 countries around the world including the USA, Canada, Mexico, UK, India, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand and many more.
Vistas Los Angeles office is responsible for implementation projects, sales, customer support, and development for Vistas client base in North America.
For more information about Vista please visit our web site, www.vista.co
Reporting to the Vice President of Product, the Business Analyst position is an exciting opportunity to join and contribute to the development of new features of the US customer base of Vista. The ideal candidate is someone who has demonstrated experience translating customer requests into business solutions in the software and / or technology space.
- As part of an Agile team, drive new product feature development from start to finish - with help along the way!
- Participate and contribute in the scrum, sprint review, backlog grooming, sprint planning, and other team meetings
- Perform requirements gathering with existing and prospective clients to understand the essential and ideal needs for new product functionality
- Document requirements in a clear and concise manner, adjusting the communication to cater to the intended audience
- Work with the Product Directors and other Business Analysts to analyze the requirements and translate them into elegant software solutions that meet (and often exceed!) the requirements
- Generate early mockups and consult with Product Directors and Developers for technical impacts and considerations
- Communicate the requirements and the final solution designs, generally via PowerPoint storyboard, to the Product Directors for approval, to the customers to ensure accuracy, and to the Developers (and in some cases the Test Analysts)
- Produce cost estimates for design and development for customer approval prior to completing work
- Perform thorough reviews of the new functionality to ensure that it was completed as expected (may also include writing reusable test cases)
- Provide powerful analytical thought and leadership
- 1-2 years of Business Analyst (BA / BSA) / Product Manager / Solutions Analyst work
- Detail oriented a must
- Effective communication skills a must
- Experience in the cinema exhibition, distribution, or related industries highly beneficial
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required, Microsoft Team Foundation Server highly beneficial, Microsoft SQL Server and Azure a plus
Gorgeous lunch room with epic view of West Hollywood
Vibrant office culture with organized social outings and activities (winter ski trip, Palm Springs summer retreat etc.)
Work with the best in the business we are very careful with who we hire, and have assembled an extraordinary team of bright, hardworking and friendly people
Our benefits package is above and beyond the standard offering: medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, pet insurance, generous paid time off