Catalyst Consulting Group, Inc.
Chicago , IL 60290
Posted 7 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
CCG is a fiercely notable and fast-growing IT firm in Chicago thats looking for talented, inventive, passionate, driven (and really fun) entrepreneurs to join our exceptional team. We are currently seeking a Business Analyst with quality assurance experience. If you excel at analyzing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualization techniques and tools, then wed love to speak with you!
- Consults with business customers to gather information about system needs, objectives, functions, features, and input and output requirements
- Elicits requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Analyzes, defines, and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs
- Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Designs screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, reports, and interfaces with other systems.
- Must be able to understand and communicate effectively with all levels of both business and technical team members
- Creates test plans, test cases and test data.
- Tests software and services to compare to requirements and documentation.
- Identifies, analyzes, and documents defects, questionable functions, errors, and inconsistencies in software program functions, outputs, online screens, and content.
- Coordinates testing by testers, consultants, business users and third parties.
- Proven experience as a Quality Assurance Tester or similar role
- Experience in project management and QA methodology
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing is a plus
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Working knowledge of test management software (e.g. qTest, Zephyr) and SQL
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong organizational skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Previous experience in Business / Systems Analysis or Quality Assurance
- A degree in IT / Computer Science
- Proven experience in eliciting requirements and testing
- Experience with analyzing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualization techniques and tools
- Solid experience in writing SQL queries
- Basic knowledge in generating process documentation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Holidays)
- Training & Development
- Flexible Schedule
- Free Snacks
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- Commuter Transit Benefit