Job Title: Business Analyst (Archer) Duration: 3-6 months Location: Jersey City, NJ Day-to-Day Responsibilities: The primary responsibility is to gather, analyze, document, and validate the needs of the business stakeholders in the GRC space. The business analyst will use the full range of business analysis skills including: user interface, interviewing, workflow analysis, testing, documentation, gap analysis and specification writing. Planning and Organization
Develop clear, concise methodology documents, which require proficiency in interviewing skills, workflow analysis, dataflow diagramming, screen design, etc.
Gather, analyze, document, and validate the needs of the business stakeholders.
Collaborate with internal teams to align technology solutions with business strategies.
Prioritize immediate business needs.
Elicit business requirements from business users and subject matter experts.
Review business requirements documents for completeness, clarity, assumptions, issues, etc.
Communicate, escalate, update client on status (issues, action plans, etc.).
Manage catalog / backlog process.
Project Management and Execution
Ensure agile methodology is followed for project.
Review and assist with project workflows.
Maintains Scope Management on projects to keep projects on time and on budget
Manage the scope and requirements throughout the project lifecycle development phases.
Identify and eliminate miscommunications between business and technical project team members.
Write functional specifications.Model the requirements / specifications.
Participate in the design, integration and organization of technical solutions.
Create test cases based on specific user requirements. Create and execute test cases and scripts for testing of new code releases. Ensure functionality of product meets with business requirements and expectations.
Coordinate and liaise with user on User Acceptance Test (UAT) phase.
Act as support level Subject Matter Expert (SME) as necessary
Manage catalog / backlog process for different business lines within GRC space.
Contribute to the project management and resource allocation process.
Proficiency with Excel, Word, Microsoft Power Point
Knowledge of MSSQL query language and RSA Archer GRC platform.
Knowledge of BI solutions is a plus (Microstrategy, QlikVew, Tableau, PowerBI) Competencies:
Comprehensive understanding of business analysis methodologies.
Extensive knowledge of Software Development Life cycle procedures
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Ability to multi-task effectively, prioritize projects to meet time-sensitive deadlines and follow up with clients.
Team-oriented and adaptable to changing environment/demands.Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Strong problem solving and analytical skills.Provide regular work status updates to clients and the manager.
Equipped with required soft skills to meet job challenges.Efficient time management skills to handle challenging workload.
Possess a basic project management concept.
Proven expertise as business analyst in GRC space at list 4 years.
Comprehensive understanding of business analysis methodologies.
Experience Needed: Previous significant experience as a senior business analyst in an investment banking environment (5-7 years) The GRC team is responsible for the design, development and management of Governance, Risk and Compliance solutions across all business lines using a combination of out-of-the-box and custom modules of RSA Archer.
VIEW JOBS11/17/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-15T00:00Environment
The Information Technology Department (ITEC) has worldwide responsibility for supplying Global Banking and Investor Solutions (GBIS) Divisions with the IT resources necessary for them to operate under competitive conditions in terms of technological standards, service quality and cost. ITEC is composed of diverse and talented professionals who translate ideas into action every day by combining the strength of its expertise in IT with a deep understanding of the investment banking business and regulations. ITEC has a threefold responsibility as follows: (1) Deliver innovative IT Solutions that enable GBIS to achieve its business objectives. (2) Maintain a highly resilient, flexible, cost effective and well controlled production service for our business applications, systems and infrastructure. (3) Facilitate entry into new markets, compliance with regulatory needs, growth in business volumes and add operational efficiency improvements in our overall front to back processing environment. ITEC achieves this while promoting a collaborative, innovative, and fun environment for its IT professionals.
The GRC team is responsible for the design, development and management of "Governance, Risk and Compliance" solutions across all business lines using a combination of out-of-the-box and custom modules of RSA Archer.
The primary responsibility is to gather, analyze, document, and validate the needs of the business stakeholders in the GRC space. The business analyst will use the full range of business analysis skills including: user interface, interviewing, workflow analysis, testing, documentation, gap analysis and specification writing.
* Works with business partners within across regions and functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
* Demonstrates an informed knowledge of a several business areas and across assets to resolve problems on an ongoing basis
* Responsible for the collection, analysis and documentation of a client's business requirements
* Establishes relationship with business partners to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
* Understands client's priorities of projects and requests. Assesses client needs utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to prioritize immediate business needs and recommends options, risks and cost vs. benefits
* Presents status of projects to the clients, propose arbitration and secures funding for projects
* Fosters innovation within the team
* Provides expertise and challenges the business, where necessary, on projects and requirements
* Develops, writes, and communicates business requirements for the implementation of business solutions. Procures technical assistance to help in problem resolution.
* Works closely with developers to clarify requirements, and ensure development is done according to requirement
* Helps to maintain priorities of tasks for the team, and organizes sprints
* Develops test cases and validates test results during the testing phase
* Organizes demonstrations to ensure delivery is according to the user's requirements
* Investigates, resolves and escalates production problems
* Conducts feasibility studies and drafts proposals for evaluation by appropriate users and managers. Develops and assists in the presentation of business cases.
* Works closely with several teams across technology and operations to complete project needs
* Supports and participates in the formal reporting of project status
* Makes decisions for releases and support
* Act as support level Subject Matter Expert (SME) as necessary
* Extensive knowledge of the RSA Archer GRC platform (6.*)
* Excel, Word, Microsoft Power Point, Visio
* Project management tools or Microsoft Project Manager
* Agile development methodology and Software development lifecycle expertise
* XML, VBA, SQL, Source control tools
Desired / Plus:
* Solid understanding of systems integration concepts
* Other GRC Solutions (Open Pages, BWise..)
* Test automation tools
* Proven expertise as business analyst in a similar environment
* Confident familiarity with Risk Assessment methodology
* Advanced skills in interfacing with business clients (front office, middle office) to comprehend and document business requirements and their priority as well as develop technical or user process solutions
* Advanced skills in interfacing with teams of developers, solid familiarity with major SDLC approaches (accent on Agile methods family)
* Excellent communication and written skills
* Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments and projects
* Rigorous and structured, dynamic, detail oriented, fast learning capacity and able to make decision in a high-pressure environment
* In-depth knowledge of the Business area the position is focused on GRC
* Ability to coordinate and facilitate project execution and delivery commitment with other teams under different operational time zones
* Proactive on taking leadership, self motivated, dynamic and result oriented
* Team player with collaborate attitude, able to maintain high level of discipline within the given SDLC process
* Proven expertise as business analyst in GRC space – at list 4 years.
* Comprehensive understanding of business analysis methodologies.
* Previous significant experience as a senior business analyst in an investment banking environment (5-7 years)
* 3+ years of experience directly interfacing with business clients (front office, middle office and back office) to comprehend and develop technical or user process solutions.
Desired / Plus:
* Management experience
Bachelor / Master Degree in MIS or Finance.
Desired / Plus:
Societe GeneraleJersey CityNJ
VIEW JOBS11/16/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-14T00:00What is the opportunity?
The HR Business Analyst will support and partner with Initiatives Manager to implement HR initiatives to lead, enable & support enterprise and CM priorities
What will you do?
* Enable and support Initiative Manager for in-flight and new initiatives. Activities may include:
* Collect, coordinate and document stakeholder requirements
* Monitor and update project and/or change management plans
* Conduct high-level data analysis and draw value-add insights that are aligned platform priorities and People Strategies
* Source, develop and distribute tools, templates and materials (communication, presentations, etc.)
* Responsible for clearly articulating the strategy/vision for initiatives and working with project teams to translate that into a holistic set of deliverables for which the role will ensure ongoing alignment of delivery to the stated strategy
* Lead smaller initiative implementations
* Assists in the development and implementation of CM HR initiatives (including but not limited to Talent Management, Performance Management and Year-end Processes including Employee Communications and Promotions)
* Develop and create presentations to support MD, US CM HR for IHC and ROC meetings
* Contribute to the effectiveness of the HR function and its processes, deliverables, metrics, and benchmarking
* Assist the HR Initiatives Associate to provide reporting recommendations that support the Capital Markets businesses
* Identify improvements on the workflow/processes and collaborate with team to implement necessary changes.
* Process invoices including allocation of expenses and dissemination of invoices
* Faciliate and coordinate special programs, such as Health and Wellness events
* Prepare agendas and minutes for management team meetings
What do you need to succeed?
* A minimum of 4 years HR or equivalent business experience
* Experience working in a fast-paced environment
* Strong organization skills and attention to detail with the ability to multi-task effectively
* Excellent analytical skills including ability to sort through data quickly.
* Strong Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
* Strong verbal and written communications skills
* Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
* High level of professionalism with and familiar with working with confidential information
* General knowledge of end-to-end project management lifecycle
* Familiarity with project management methodologies
* Accepts and successfully executes change
* Business Knowledge
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
* A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
* Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
* Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
* Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: Jersey City
Address: 30 Hudson Street
Work Hours/Week: 40
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 06/24/2018
Req ID: 162865
Posting Notes: None
Royal Bank Of CanadaJersey CityNJ
VIEW JOBS11/14/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-12T00:00<p>SSI is a leading provider of technology solutions for loan trading markets. Our LMS platform is a flexible, end to end solution for managing secondary market whole loan processes from pricing, delivery, funding, and warehouse finance through performance analytics and accounting. SSI works with some of the largest global financials, using forward-thinking and adaptable technology to help its customers achieve greater scalability and lower costs.<br></p><p><br></p><p>We are looking for Business Technology Analysts at both Associate and Senior levels to help us grow as we roll out new products and services. In this role, you will be involved in multiple facets of our business - you may find yourself conducting a product demo, helping a trader close a billion dollar deal, prototyping a solution for a new market, or working on features for our latest releases. SSI provides the unique opportunity to use your technical skills to create industry leading products while building expertise and contacts in finance. Our ideal applicant will be a fast learner, self-confident, and have a strong interest in the intersection of finance and technology. If you fit this description and are looking to make a real impact in your next job, then apply below.<a href="https://workable.com/nr?l=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.streetsolutions.com%2Fcareers%2F" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener" class="external"><br></a></p><p><br></p><h3>Key duties include:</h3><ul> <li>Work directly with business users to understand clients' needs and ensure they are using SSI products effectively</li> <li>Define requirements for new features and work with developers to get them implemented and shipped</li> <li>Work in a team to deploy products to new clients</li> <li>Provide day to day application support for clients, including help requests & configuration issues </li> <li>Contribute to numerous projects to make all our processes tighter and more efficient</li> </ul><p><strong>Requirements</strong></p><ul> <li>Ability to establish priorities and manage projects with minimal day-to-day supervision</li> <li>Knowledge of SQL</li> <li>Familiarity with programming / scripting (Python, C#, Java, etc) </li> <li>Great oral and written communications skills</li> <li>4-year Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Sciences, Mathematics, Business, or Information Science from an accredited college or relevant technical experience.</li> <li>At least two years of post-college work experience for senior analysts</li> <li>Less than 2 years of post-college work experience for junior analysts</li> <li>Knowledge of financial markets is a big plus</li> </ul><p><strong>Benefits</strong></p><ul> <li>Competitive compensation program with significant growth potential </li> <li>Performance-based cash bonus opportunities and company profit sharing</li> <li>Full medical and dental plans, 401K</li> <li>Flat management structure and open, relaxed environment</li> <li>Wide assortment of free delicious snacks</li> </ul>Street Solutions Inc.Jersey CityNJ