AMIkids has served over 140,000 kids and their families since 1969. Being part of the AMIkids team means that you are helping youth to realize their full potential and become a valuable part of their community.
Our Guiding Principles: Kids First, Family and Safety.
Our Core Values: Respect, Creativity, Honesty, Enthusiasm, Loyalty, Integrity, Leadership, Diversity, Goal Orientation, Excellence and Dedication.
Now, you can be a part of this outstanding organization and help guide the way. Take the step. Make a difference.
AMIkids Tampa is actively hiring for a Bus Driver.
The Driver is responsible for providing safe, professional and supervised transportation to and from program activities, student homes and other assigned locations. The Driver may be required to drive assigned vehicles for scheduled special event(s) and/or unforeseen Institute requirements. At all times, the Driver's primary concerns are the safety, proper supervision and positive role modeling for our youth.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Transports youth to and from the Institute and its activities in a safe, timely and professional manner obeying all traffic laws and regulations and adhering to safe/defensive driving procedures,
- Maintains required driver's license with appropriate endorsements including CDL, if required, in good standing according to Institute AMIkids policies and insurance carrier requirements,
- Enforces the Transportation Policy and all relevant Institute policies, rules and procedures,
- Operates Institute AMIkids vehicles and rentals professionally and courteously, always acting as a positive role model for youth during the operation of the vehicle,
- Ensures the proper supervision of youth and the safe boarding and debarking,
- Returns, parks and secures the vehicles in assigned areas daily,
- Administers the maintenance of all assigned vehicles and ensures the safe operating condition of any vehicle prior to its use and notifies supervisor(s) of any required maintenance or repairs,
- Confirm Keeps copies of insurance and registration cards are in assigned vehicles at all times,
- Maintains, completes and submits mileage, fuel and operating logs for vehicles assigned as required,
- Prevents and intervenes in youth altercations and incidents according to policies and procedures,
- Actively participates in day trips and special activities that involve recreational sports,
- May be required to perform or participate in maintaining and cleaning facility and equipment; cleaning, grounds maintenance and equipment relocation,
- Participates in two to five day overnight trips and occasional weekend trips that may require sleeping in tents, boats, institutes, etc. under varying weather conditions and that may require extended 16-hour workdays/24 hour on-call status,
- Administers first aid and CPR during emergencies in accordance with American Red Cross standards,
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor(s),
- Assist with special projects and other duties as needed.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience
- HS Diploma or Equivalency
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
- Must satisfy criminal background check and drug screening as defined by state requirements,
- May be required to obtain and maintain appropriate crisis intervention and physical restraint training and certification as defined by state requirements, e.g., Protective Action Response (PAR), Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (NCI), or Safe Crisis Management (SCM),
- Must obtain and maintain current CPR and First Aid Certification by nationally recognized organization (e.g., American Heart Association),
- Current DOT Medical Examination Certificate,
- Must possess and maintain valid driver's license in the state of employment and have a driving record that meets the standards of the AMIkids Transportation Policy; may be required to obtain and maintain a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with passenger and school bus endorsement.
What's in it for you?
As well as gain an opportunity to make an exceptional difference in kids' lives, AMIkids offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Prescription Drug plan options; Health Spending Account, Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
PTO & Paid Holidays
- EAP, Health Coaching, Stress Management Programs, etc.
Employer Funded Pension Plan, Voluntary 403(B) Retirement Plan, Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Pet Insurance, World Travel Assistance, Car Rental discounts, Gym Membership discounts, and more.
AMIkids, Inc. and AMIkids' affiliated Programs (hereafter referred to AMIkids collectively) are Equal Opportunity Employer(s) and do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, military service, or any other status protected by law.
Federal law requires AMIkids to request certain demographic information from you for reporting purposes. This information is not used for employment decisions unless job-related and your participation in providing this information is voluntary.