Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Bus Driver- Aberdeen
Maryland Rural Development Corporation
Aberdeen , MD 21001
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Under the direction of the Transportation manager or Transportation assistant, this position provided transportation to MRDC students from their home to the center. He/She will work with HS Director, Coordinators and staff to insure the adherence of Head Start Performance Standards, national transportation safety board and Maryland Department of Transportation regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Have thorough knowledge of and abide by the MRDC Driver's Handbook.
- Promptly report all conflicts with parents and/or children to Transportation Coordinator, Family Service staff and document the incident.
- Must report ALL moving violations (including those in personal vehicle during non- business hours) to Transportation Coordinator (speeding, reckless driving, DWI, etc.) within 24 hours.
- Must attend all required trainings and meetings.
- Assist in giving input in the evaluation of the Bus Monitor
- Remain on-site at center until the daily health check of children is completed in case a child needs to be returned home
- Must be available to transport returning children home.
- Pick up school meals where applicable and pick up mail as needed and required
- Required to transport for pertinent evening events (i.e. Policy Council, Parent meetings) and scheduled field trips
- Perform all other duties as designated by Supervisor and/or the Head Start Director.
- High School diploma or GED
- 2 years driving experience
- Commercial Driver's License with passenger and school bus endorsement
- No more than 2 points on driving record
- Must successfully complete a D.O.T. annual physical
- Current or ability to obtain first aid and CPR certification
- Knowledge of the geographical area with ability to read road maps
- Must be able to demonstrate care and concern for Head Start children and families
- Able to organize and delegate in an efficient manner and work with minimal supervision.
- Must be willing/able to travel
- Must obtain and pass a physical, Tuberculosis test, and criminal background check.
- Must be knowledgeable in Maryland Child Abuse laws and act accordingly.
Maryland Rural Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer