Burner Service Technician (Req 10230)
Southern States Cooperative
White Hall , Maryland 12116
Posted 1 week ago
Are you interested in joining an industry leader who is passionate about growth? Southern States Cooperative is a retail agriculture cooperative serving the agronomy, energy and farm supply needs of its members and customers across eight states in the Southeastern United States. At Southern States Cooperative (A Farmer Owned Cooperative since 1923); we serve a wide range of farm inputs including: fertilizer, seed, livestock feed, pet food, animal health supplies, and petroleum products, as well as other items for the farm and home.Weare focused on helping our employees and our customers grow, by being the very best at offering challenging and rewarding career opportunities to our employees and providing superior products, services and growing solutions for our valued customers. We want to hear from you, so come grow with us!!!Performs installation, maintenance and repair of propane and/or oil burning systems, HVAC units, equipment, and appliances for Southern States Cooperative, Inc. (SSC) customers. May also perform repair and maintenance work on diesel or gasoline tanks and equipment. Strictly adheres to government regulations and SSC operating procedures while working independently.
How you will impact Southern States Cooperative:
What you need to succeed:Education:
- Maintain regular communication with facility leadership regarding daily service dispatching for new installation, repair and maintenance of appliances, systems and related equipment. Provide updates and input on installation schedule, job progress, account issues, supply of materials and other critical factors.
- Safely install and repair propane, oil burning, diesel and/or gasoline systems, equipment, and appliances according to federal and state codes. Calibrate equipment to proper settings. Effectively utilize HVAC, mechanical, electrical, millwright, plumbing, and other specialized skills and the appropriate tools as determined by the job.
- Read and effectively interpret electrical and mechanical blueprints, manuals, engineering specifications, diagrams, meters, gauges, and control panels to perform installations and repair equipment. Gather and analyze information to diagnose malfunctions and troubleshoot systems.
- Represent SSC in a positive manner by providing reliable and prompt service to customers. Communicate in a professional and courteous manner. Provide usage instructions for all equipment and appliances serviced. Review account details, collect payments or provide invoices, and confirm future service with customers. Strive to grow and maintain SSC market share through excellent service and customer referrals.
- Discuss new equipment sales with current and prospective customers. Conduct site surveys and identify products and equipment to meet capacity needs. Assist customers in making an educated and informed decision by reviewing options and presenting recommendations.
- Effectively operate Southern States Cooperative, Inc. (SSC) commercial motor vehicles in compliance with government regulations and SSC policy. Perform routine maintenance and repair to keep vehicles in good working condition.
- Depending upon location, may load and deliver supplies of propane and/or other fuels according to standard operating procedures. Handle and lift canisters into truck and/or utilize load hose, meters, gauges, and terminal controls for bulk fuel loading (top load and bottom load). Obtain distribution of fuel from SSC facility or third party terminals.
- Prepare and maintain invoices, reports, logs, vehicle and equipment maintenance records and other related documents accurately, neatly, and in a timely manner.
- Maintain complete and up-to-date files on parts manuals, service manuals, and service bulletins. Maintain files on all equipment sold including design, bill of materials, follow-up report, guarantee and warranty cards, and records of service.
- Ensure that all in-warranty parts are returned to supplier along with proper information in order for location to receive proper credit.
- Maintain adequate parts inventory. Assist with taking physical inventory of parts, equipment and merchandise. Adhere to inventory control initiatives. May assist with shipping and/or receiving of related products as determined by business need. Effectively utilize forklift and other material handling equipment according to facility procedures.
- Participate in specialized training, certification courses, and/or meetings as requested. Learn and develop techniques to enhance job performance and to stay current on industry safety and operational standards.
Requires a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
Requires two (2) or more years of experience with installation and repair of propane or oil based heating systems (HVAC), equipment and appliances, as well as experience with diesel and gasoline equipment. Previous Southern States work experience a plus.
- Requires license in HVAC, Liquid Propane Gas Fitter or related trade
- This position requires the safe operation of a motor vehicle to perform essential job functions and mandatory compliance with the SSC motor vehicle safety policy
- Satisfactory completion of required training and certification, dependent upon location
- Effective knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and/or pipe fitting repair and maintenance
Some of the many benefits we offer:
- Sign-on bonus
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Accident Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time Office
- Vacation Buy-Back
- Company Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Services
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Merchandise Discounts
- Wellness Program
- Volunteer Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
Southern States Cooperative, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against individuals based on their race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws, or regulations.