Bsa/Aml Compliance Officer
San Francisco , CA 94102
Posted 6 days ago
Escrow.com, owned by the company behind Freelancer.com, is the world's leading provider of secure
online payments, and winner of the regional 2017 BBB Torch Award for Ethics. We have handled over
US$3.5 Billion in secured transactions, while processing some of the largest domain name transfers -
including Gmail.com, Uber.com and Twitter.com.
We are currently searching for a mid senior level full-time Compliance Officer. You will join a global
team and will have the opportunity to join at an officer-level, and work towards taking full responsibility
for our North America BSA/AML compliance program. You will also have the chance to contribute to our
global enterprise risk and non-AML regulatory compliance frameworks, so there is a wide scope for
growth in the role.
Working closely with the Director of Compliance, your responsibilities will be to:
- Maintain a risk-based AML program, and the relevant systems and controls for our operation in the Americas;
- Dealing with escalations and any subsequent investigations;
- Make decisions on investigations; after reviewing activity, conducting/reviewing research, querying/using data from our proprietary systems, third party systems and all other available open source assets;
- Report in line with regulatory requirements, including Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs);
- Collaborate across the Escrow business and outside entities (relevant regulators, other financial institutions and law enforcement agencies);
- Deliver AML / Financial Crime training programs, and maintain regulatory training records;
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes, AML red flags, industry trends and risk management updates;
- Identify potential areas of AML compliance vulnerability and risk; develop and implement corrective action plans;
- Plan and complete AML monitoring and testing under the existing compliance frameworks, to demonstrate compliance with our Group regulatory requirements;
- Further develop our relationships with US regulators who are key to growing our business.
- 5 to 8 years experience in financial crime compliance, money laundering investigations, and BSA/AML related Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs);
- Experience in interacting with regulators;
- Experience in dealing with US payments regulations, privacy, dispute resolution and disclosure requirements;
- Effective communication skills, attention to detail, demonstrated decision making ability and taking subsequent actions;
- Build key relationships and the ability to influence outcomes;
- Ability to query databases using SQL
- CAMS Certification preferable
This wont be a cog-in-the-machine type of job; you will be joining a growing global company that values attitude and capability over experience, so if you are looking to make a difference and be rewarded for your efforts, this is the place for you.
We are striving to create trust in every online transaction, so help us get there while enjoying all the perks of working in tech - fun atmosphere, smart people, awesome office, fully-stocked kitchens (yes, free food!), social events, hackathons, and more!
And of course, we offer subsidised health and life insurance, plus vision and dental.