Bsa/Aml Compliance Officer
San Francisco , CA 94102
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Escrow.com, owned by the company behind Freelancer.com, is the world's leading provider of secure online payments, and winner of the regional 2017 BBB Torch Award for Ethics. We have handled over US$3.5 Billion in secured transactions, while processing some of the largest domain name transfers - including Gmail.com, Uber.com and Twitter.com.
We are currently searching for a full-time Compliance Officer. You will join a global team and will have the opportunity to join as at officer-level, and work towards taking full responsibility for our North America BSA/AML compliance program. You will also have the chance to contribute to our global enterprise risk and non-AML regulatory compliance frameworks, so there is a wide scope for growth in the role. Your responsibilities will be to:
- Maintain a risk-based AML program, and the relevant systems and controls for our operation in the Americas
- Dealing with escalations and any subsequent investigations
- Make decisions on investigations; after reviewing activity, conducting/reviewing research, querying/using data from our proprietary systems, third party systems and all other available open source assets
- Report inline with regulatory requirements, including Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs)
- Collaborate across the Escrow business and outside entities (relevant regulators, other financial institutions and law enforcement agencies)
- Deliver AML / Financial Crime training programs, and maintain regulatory training records
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes, AML red flags, industry trends and risk management updates
- Identify potential areas of AML compliance vulnerability and risk; develop and implement corrective action plans
- Plan and complete AML monitoring and testing under the existing compliance frameworks, to demonstrate compliance with our Group regulatory requirements
- Further develop our relationships with US regulators who are key to growing our business
- Experience in either law enforcement, or corporate financial crime within AML risk management, money laundering investigations, and/or BSA/AML related Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs)
- Experience in dealing with US payments regulations, privacy, dispute resolution and disclosure requirements
- Investigative skills, a high attention to detail, and a track record of reaching conclusions, and taking subsequent actions
- Strong communication and relationship building ability
- Ability to query databases using SQL
- CAMS Certification preferable
This wont be a cog-in-the-machine type of job; you will be joining a growing global company that values attitude and capability over experience, so if you are looking to make a difference and be rewarded for your efforts, this is the place for you.
We are striving to create trust in every online transaction, so help us get there while enjoying all the perks of working in tech - fun atmosphere, smart people, awesome office, fully-stocked kitchens (yes, free food!), social events, hackathons, and more!
And of course, we offer subsidised health and life insurance, plus vision and dental.