Branch Manager - Freight Forwarding ORD Chicago - Darius And Company
Darius & Company
Chicago , IL 60666
Posted 2 months ago
Branch Manager- Flagship Branch- Freight Forwarding Ocean and Air- Darius and Company
Branch Manager- Freight Forwarding- Darius and Company Air and Sea
This is a very important Flagship Branch with Global Tier 1 Key Accounts
Staff of 40+
TransPac Heavy Lanes
Global Leader in Air Lanes
Your tasks and responsibilities
- As an engaged ambassador for the company, demonstrate the highest standards of business ethics;
- Foster and promote a productive work environment and communicate, administer and ensure that company standards and guidelines are met
- Guide, train and develop staff while focusing on teamwork
- Operational performance, P&L management, customer relations, continuous improvement, and planning with a focus towards industry and business trends in the market and competition
- Assume an active role in identifying opportunities to improve operations and drive operational performance while focusing on profitable growth, productivity, quality and cost; responsible for operating the branch within the budget established; and, the development and service of new and existing business.
Your skills and experience
Experience / Education:
- Essential that incumbent possess well rounded domestic/international freight forwarding experience (7+ years) with hands-on sales, operations, and/or financial management experience.
- Demonstrated ability in achieving results through
- people management
- producing in a fast-paced environment
- interacting effectively at multiple levels in support of customer relationships and/or prospecting relationships while focusing on building strong relationships
- organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Bachelors degree in logistics, transportation, international or business preferred (significant industry experience may be substituted for degree).
Good reasons to join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, uniform service, protected veteran status or disability, or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law with respect to employment opportunities.