U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Border Patrol Agent (BPA)
Do you have what it takes to safeguard our Nation? You may be interested in a new career opportunity with Customs and Border Protection as a Border Patrol Agent.
Being a Border Patrol Agent makes you a valuable member of the Federal Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) profession. Key Requirements for the GS-5 and GS-7 positions include:
* You must successfully pass a polygraph exam
* You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position
* Referred for selection prior to your 40th birthday (waiver for Veterans)
* You must have resided in the U.S. for the last 3 years
* You must successfully pass a background investigation
* Convictions of misdemeanor crime of domestic violence are disqualifying
* You will be required to carry a firearm
* You will be required to work regular and recurring shift work
* You must meet job-related medical, fitness and drug-testing standards
* You must have a valid driver's license
* Use of illegal drugs, and/or the sale and distribution of illegal drugs.
* Convictions (including misdemeanor domestic violence charges)
* Intentional harboring or concealment of an illegal alien
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This is not the application for the position. Clicking apply, will direct you to the Customs & Border Protection (CBP) site to enroll in our network for careers with CBP. If you do not wish to receive communications about careers with CBP and prefer to proceed directly to the application, please go to www.USAJOBS.gov.
U.S. Customs And Border Protection