Dal Industries, Inc.
Chattanooga , TN 37406
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Our small, 10 employee company has been in business for over 4 decades, and we are looking for an experienced bookkeeper to join our business and become part of our close-knit team. In this position you will be responsible for our day-to-day accounting responsibilities, which is a very important part of our team, daily financial operation and flow.
You will be responsible for managing the following tasks and activities:
- Accounts payable/Accounts receivable
- Bank, Credit Card and Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Manage accuracy of current equipment assets
- Computation of weekly payroll/deductions for employees and provide to 3rd party Payroll Service
- Weekly/Monthly Reports P&L, A/R aging and Cash Flows
- Remitting sales taxes to various states, counties and municipalities (using Avalera within Quickbooks) to pay appropriately and on-time for our rental business
- Once a year insurance audit
- Business License renewals for multiple states
- Remitting Ad Valorem Taxes, Federal and State Income Taxes (Taxes are computed by retained accounting firm)
- Responsible for managing employee sign-up for health insurance, HSA plan, and 401K plan as eligible.
- General administration tasks include filing receipts, scanning and uploading into Quickbooks
- Assisting with annual budgeting process by analyzing historical revenue and expense trends and helping construct annual budget.
Candidate should have:
- Accounting degree associates degree minimum qualification, or 5 years plus of bookkeeping experience
- Solid QuickBooks experience, experience using Avalara to compute sales tax is a plus
- Basic administration experience
- Attention to detail
- Friendly personality but also demands accountability from others in turn
Our company is located near downtown Chattanooga, and we offer competitive pay and benefits (such as health insurance, paid time off, 401K Safe Harbor Plan, additional profit sharing).