Since its founding in 2000, TeleSolv Consulting has been committed to helping organizations solve complex problems. Our solutions integrate sound management principles with the most appropriate technologies to assist senior executives in effectively managing programmatic, schedule, and technical risks. Our Company is seeking an experienced Bookkeeperto join our Finance Team. The Bookkeeper will be responsible for performing varied closing and accounting activities to ensure timely and accurate processing of transactions and generation of reports, invoices, etc. The Bookkeeper will primarily perform accounting functions to include AR, AP, and payroll processing. The ideal candidate has demonstrated accounting skills, an exceptional work ethic and is ready to roll up his / her sleeves. Candidates should be comfortable operating in a fast-moving, high-growth environment. The Bookkeeper will work under the direction of a company executive.
Please note: this is a part-time position.
Responsible for maintaining an accurate record of financial transactions and cash flow;
Review cash receipts and disbursement for the proper accounting of transactions;
Routinely enter financial transactions into the companys accounting system;
Reconcile activity per payroll and bank statements to transactions recorded in the general ledger;
Create and update personnel (e.g., charge codes, PTO) and project data (e.g., labor categories, period periods) in the companys accounting system;
Process payroll, reconcile bank accounts and record the necessary adjustments in the general ledger.
Prepare financial statements and related reports for presentation to executive team.
Collaborate cross-functionally with sales, legal, and operation departments to ensure efficiency in the team operation.
Preparation of timely, accurate, and required financial information for month/quarter/year-end close.
Assist with special projects based on needs of a company executive.
Process departmental mail;
Record bills and cash disbursements;
Maintain vendor files;
Process expense reimbursements.
Record cash receipts;
Maintain AR report.
Prepare payroll to be processed in ADP
Import time sheets into the accounting system;
Track benefits deductions;
Track, update and adjust, where necessary, PTO;
Calculate cash requirements;
General accounting tasks
Reconcile bank and credit card accounts;
Reconcile balance sheet accounts;
Recognize and report prepaid and depreciable assets to accountant;
Assistant accountant with month end close.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience: An Associate's degree in a relevant field is strongly desired; 3+ years of progressively responsible experience as a Bookkeeper is preferred; Knowledge of DCAA, FAR, and other relevant aspects of Federal contracting is preferred; Outstanding accounting and communication skills, a positive attitude and professional demeanor; Thorough knowledge of/experience with Microsoft Office applications to include Excel is required; 2 years of experience with Deltek, PROCAS, or similar accounting softwareis preferred; Experience supporting Federal contracts is required. Other Requirements: Candidate must be amenable to work schedule changes; Candidate must be a self-starter and have the ability to meet deadlines and work as part of a team. TeleSolv Consultingis an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
VIEW JOBS1/16/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-16T00:00 Our client, an up-scale construction firm based in down town DC, is looking to add an Office Manager/ Bookkeeper to join their team. The Office Manager is responsible for maintaining all day-to-day office functions, including but not limited to: accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll processing; maintenance of office equipment and supplies purchasing. This person will also be responsible to manage the systems within the organization and work with consultants and vendors that supply services and products to the firm. <br />
<strong>General Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:</strong>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Maintains office services including management of general office administrative tasks, coordination with outside vendors including company’s landlord, and coordination of company events and other activities</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Coordinate in-house training, staff presentations and “Lunch & Learn” program</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Supervision of administrative staff</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Administer health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes, and terminations</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Assisting with the performance review and termination processes</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Manage all payroll and benefits plans and renewals and coordinate changes with ADP TotalSource (PEO Specialists)</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Maintain employee files as to ensure accuracy and compliance</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Coordinate employee recruitment activities including interface with outside recruiters</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Download and code credit card transactions as needed</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">functions as required including preparing deposits and recording these into QuickBooks.</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Management of accounts payable including review and payment of vendor invoices, processing and mailing checks.</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Management of accounts receivable including creating and sending invoices and statements to customers, maintaining customer records and collection calls as needed</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">5+ years experience in similar role</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">College Degree required</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">of information technology systems including Windows operating system and Microsoft Office applications</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Knowledge and understanding of QuickBooks and similar applications</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Possess excellent oral and written business communication skills</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Strong organizational and problem-solving skills</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Strong verbal and written communication skills</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;" style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Experience in construction project management or other professional service environment preferred</li>
Qualified candidates please apply here!Cordia ResourcesWashingtonDC
VIEW JOBS12/23/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-23T00:00Overview
The Bookkeeper is responsible for all Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable activity at the property, especially rent payments and invoice processing.
* Collect all rents, deposits, and fees.• Make daily bank deposits.• Process late payments, administering the appropriate notices and fees to late customers.• Maintain the Delinquency Report, interacting with those customers still outstanding to ensure the maximum monies are collected each month.• Maintain accurate resident records.
* Maintain a positive customer service attitude.• When necessary, greet prospective residents and answer/handle incoming calls.• When necessary, accept service requests from residents and route to maintenance for prompt processing.• Assist with the renewal process.• Physically inspect property when on grounds; pick up litter and report any service needs to the Property Manager.
* Process invoices in a timely manner.• Update management reports on a daily basis and provide information to the Property Manager.• Perform regular audits of reports to ensure accuracy and to guard against loss/theft.• Process move-outs, including assessing damage charges and issuing refunds.• Balance reports and books correctly.• Perform end-of-month closing activities.• Perform other duties, as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform theessential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee primarily works indoors but occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The employee regularly works nearmoving mechanical office equipment parts.
* A minimum of 1 year previous bookkeeping experience, preferably in conventional property management
* Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school preferred
* Experience with Yardi is a plus
* The Bookkeeper position requires strong organizational skills with a superior attention to detail
* Familiarity with Fair Housing law is preferred
* Respect, honesty, and integrity
* Professional presentation
* Calm under pressure
* Passion for service
* Strong work ethic
* Commitment to teamwork
* Adept at listening to others
* Dependability and adaptability
JBG SMITH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.
JBG Smith PropertiesWashingtonDC
VIEW JOBS11/6/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-04T00:00* We have an opening for a part-time ADMIN, BOOKKEEPER - HRLY position.
* Location: Gallaudet University, 800 Florida Ave, NE, Washington, DC 20002. Note: online applications accepted only.
* Schedule: P/T schedule; Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm.
* Requirement: Previous accounting, excel, and software experience preferred.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
At FLIK, our operating philosophy is centered on three essential factors: great food, great service and great people. A FLIK Family-Then & Now. Great Food and Great Service are only possible with Great People behind the scenes. FLIK's steadfast dedication to the training and support of our associates continues to nourish our vision and growth. Dedication, diligence, operational excellence and hands-on expertise are FLIK trademarks – only achievable through the work of our team of professionals. We embark on a relationship with every FLIK associate that provides, demonstrates and cherishes growth, education and ongoing mentoring – today and every day.
Full time associates at FLIK are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
* Commuter Benefits
* Wellness Program
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
* Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
* Discount Marketplace
* And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Maintains a complete and systematic set of records of business transactions for the assigned business unit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Interacts with customers and resolves customer complaints, relays relevant comments from customers to supervisors.
* Represents the company in a courteous, efficient and friendly manner in all customer and employee interactions to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Assists Controller with reports and weekly closing procedures.
* Verifies, allocates and posts details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts in journals or computer files from documents, such as sales slips, invoices, receipts, unit reports, check stubs and computer printouts.
* Summarizes details in separate ledgers or computer files and transfers data to general ledger, using calculator or computer. Reconciles and balances accounts.
* Compiles records to show statistics, such as cash receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, profit and loss, and other items pertinent to the operation of the business.
* Calculate employee wages from time cards and submit payroll registers for payment.
* May prepare tax reports.
* May compute type and mail monthly statements to customers.
* May complete records to or through trial balances.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: CompaCompass Group USA IncWashingtonDC