Sacramento , CA 95864
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Our client, a cannabis company in Sacramento, is looking for a Full-Charge Bookkeeper. The Full-Charge Bookkeeper position records financial transactions and creates defined financial reports from that information. The creation of financial transactions includes posting information to accounting journals or accounting software from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices. The bookkeeper balances and reconciles accounts against source documents to ensure accuracy. The bookkeeper will also complete financial payroll journal entries and perform basic HR functions with financial impact. This position reports directly to a senior manager and holds primary responsibility for all accounting functions within the business, in consultation with an external CPA.
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Understand the payroll process to be able to post payroll journal entries
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Take all reasonable discounts on supplier invoices
- Able to create and post journal entries for regular business transactions
- Analyze General ledger Accounts
- Handle large volume of intracompany transactions and ability to reconcile them at month end
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Ability to communicate with vendors to make and manage payment plans
- Should possess some knowledge of how sales and use taxes, and basic payroll taxes are filed
- Should possess an understanding of the balance sheet and a profit / loss statement
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of bank accounts
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Maintain petty cash fund
- Provide information to the external accountant who creates the companys financial statements
- Maintain an orderly filing system
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Perform financial functions related to HR and benefits
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
- The bookkeeper candidate should have an Associate's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience, as well as strong knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Applicant must have good verbal communication skills and have good problem solving skills.
- Applicant should possess excellent typing and 10-key skills with very high accuracy.
- Candidate should have experience with a variety of accounting software packages.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of the Quickbooks online accounting software package.
- Candidate should be familiar with the Microsoft Office suite of applications and able to efficiently and accurately create useful documents.
- Experience in small/medium business with the acumen to successfully learn and perform a wide variety of tasks is preferred.
- Reliability and punctuality are important qualities.