VIEW JOBS11/1/2020 5:57:55 PM2021-01-30T17:57<p>The work of our Bookkeeper is to support the administrative office of Blackroots Alliance. This is an entry-level, part-time position ($15/hr for 15 hrs/wk to start) and offers potential for advancement.&nbsp; No previous accounting experience is necessary, as we will train you (in partnership with our fiscal agents and accountants). We are looking for someone who has a knack for numbers, a keen eye for details, a &ldquo;get it done&rdquo; attitude, basic business acumen, a commitment to social, racial and economic justice and a passion for learning. Day-to-day, the work looks like:</p>
<li>Creating financial transactions in Quickbooks and generating reports from that information.</li>
<li>Purchase supplies and equipment as authorized by management</li>
<li>Tag and monitor fixed assets</li>
<li>Pay bills and issue invoices in a timely manner</li>
<li>Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account</li>
<li>Issue financial statements</li>
<li>Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit</li>
<li>Maintain an orderly accounting filing system, annual budget, and chart of accounts</li>
<li>Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements</li>
<li>Process payroll in a timely manner</li>
<li>Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested</li>
<li>Follow accounting policies and procedures</li>
Archdiocese Of Chicago, Office Of Catholic Schools
Posted 10 months ago
VIEW JOBS2/28/2020 12:00:00 AM2020-05-28T00:00Job Title
The bookkeeper supports the administrator's initiatives and decisions regarding the mission of Catholic education. The bookkeeper assists the designated school administrator to ensure that the school is operating in a cost-efficient manner according to best financial practices and Archdiocesan policies and procedures.
The bookkeeper is hired by and directly accountable to the Director of Operations. The bookkeeper agrees to abide by the established policies and procedures of the Archdiocese of Chicago as well as the policies and procedures of the local school and Parish. Periodic and annual performance reviews include the implementation of the general responsibilities for this position.
* Assist in preparing monthly financial reports
* managing and reconciling bank accounts;
* handling bookkeeping entries including but not limited to functions such as reconciling bank accounts, payables and receivables on a monthly basis;
* preparing financial documents for the pastor and principal ;
* disseminating benefit enrollment information to school employees;
* maintaining financial files in an orderly and timely manner;
* following Archdiocese of Chicago policies and procedures regarding the maintenance of financial records;
* overseeing the school's tuition management system, including but not limited to processing tuition billing;
* answering questions related to billing;
* managing the collection of delinquent tuition and fees;
* providing the principal monthly reports on status of tuition and fee collection;
* Performing various assignments and projects consistent with the responsibility level and general duties of a bookkeeper.
Environmental and Physical Demands
The bookkeeper is expected to carry materials
REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERENCES
Requirements for this position
* understands and supports the mission and purpose of Catholic school/parish
* is knowledgeable of school policy and guidelines in relationship to financial policies and procedures of the archdiocese
* complies with the Safe Environment Requirements of the Office for the Protection of Children and Youth
* Has previous experience working in a school office.
Preferences for this position
* is knowledgeable of the principles of accounting
* has an undergraduate degree in business or related field or
has business management or accounting experience for schools, churches or not-for-profits, charitable foundations
* is computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet, database, power point, Microsoft Office and QuickBooks
Archdiocese Of Chicago, Office Of Catholic SchoolsChicagoIL
VIEW JOBS11/5/2020 12:00:00 AM2021-02-03T00:00Overview
Join Our Virtual Bookkeeping Network!
At Intuit, our mission is to power prosperity around the world. QuickBooks Live Expert Bookkeeper's support that mission to our QuickBooks Live customers by: providing valuable guidance, instilling trust and confidence, and building relationships with clients, all while using state of the art tools and technology. Your strength as a QuickBooks Live Bookkeeper will allow you to empower and educate people so that they can lead better lives, and get one step closer to financial freedom. As a virtual employee, you can decide whether you prefer to work from your home or your office, and flexible scheduling means you have a variety of shifts to choose from!
We are changing the way that people do their bookkeeping, and providing world-class support from experts across the United States. The way that we support our customers is changing, and we want you to be a part of it! Our Bookkeeper experts are agile; continually learning, working, and providing guidance in new and exciting ways.
What you'll bring
* Experience: 5+ years domain experience (contingent upon domain). Experience using bookkeeping software.
* Degree: 4 year degree preferred
* Credentials/Certifications: QB Pro Certification Required Within 30 Days of Starting, CPA, CPB or QB ProAdvisor)
* Skills: High degree of customer service, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple tasks. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Moderate computer/software skills.
* Proficient with technology; solid knowledge of computer operations and software.
* Must have (or be willing to obtain) a dedicated internet connection and landline phone
* Strong customer service skills - ability to interact with customers through video and audio tools in a way that is professional, friendly and reassuring
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
* Critical thinking, problem solving, and determination
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) communication skills (written & spoken) a plus
For internal use: qbl
How you will lead
* This is a virtual, customer-facing role; you will be using our state of the art video communication software (SmartLook) to interact with customers
* Create high quality customer interactions and experiences that instill confidence using deep customer empathy, and your deep knowledge and expertise.
* Communicates directly with customers, answering specific domain questions (written & oral)
* Performs domain expert services (bookkeeping/accounting)
* Reviews information input by customers for accuracy
* Researches regulations to support advice
DISCLAIMER : The names and logos of the companies referred throughout this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.