VIEW JOBS12/1/2018 7:25:40 PM2019-03-01T19:25<p><strong>Now Hiring Boiler Operator!&nbsp;</strong><br />
<li><strong>3+ years industrial utility systems maintenance background in a manufacturing setting. (Food manufacturing background a plus.)</strong></li>
<li><strong>Required certifications are:</strong>&nbsp;<strong>Minnesota Boiler Class 1B or above, Boiler, HVAC and HAZMAT training.</strong></li>
<li><strong>Associate&rsquo;s degree in Electrical/HVAC/Ammonia/Building Maintenance highly preferred but will consider a combination of education and experience.</strong></li>
<li><strong>Electrical license is preferred</strong></li>
<li>Responsible for responding to chemical leaks and spills.</li>
<li>Connect with the equipment manufacturers/vendors on any issues and follow-up on getting the appropriate parts needed to correct the problems.</li>
<li>Work with various refrigerants, chemicals, solvents, paints, fuels and lubricants.</li>
<li>Ensure that each system is operated in a safe manner and that all components of the system are in compliance with OSHA and other agencies.&nbsp;&nbsp;</li>
<li>Perform preventive maintenance in accordance with approved maintenance plans and work orders using SAP.</li>
<li>Complete routine boiler water analysis and maintenance as required.</li>
<li>Exhibit ability to handle valves, pumps, and various auxiliary machinery.</li>
<li>Manage, accommodate, and adjusts utility systems and facility support equipment controls in assigned areas of responsibility.</li>
<li>Check and control plant steam production, ammonia refrigeration system, and the plant compressed air system.</li>
<li>Document all maintenance and inspection action.</li>
VIEW JOBS12/6/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-06T00:00Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
We are looking for a Boiler Operator with Class B Boiler's License who will be responsible for maintaining the efficient operations of the plant's boiler room and still yard (asphalt operations). This position reports directly to the plant's Stillyard Process Engineer.
The ideal candidate will be able to perform tasks in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with all Federal, State and GAF safety policies, procedures and regulations. These tasks include but are not limited to:
* Providing steam to the plant;
* Processing asphalt;
* Unloading trucks of raw materials;
* Monitoring heaters, incinerators, pumps, blowers, fume reduction systems, valves, boilers, tanks, instruments, flow meters, panel lights, and other equipment to ensure proper operation and conformity of process conditions;
* Maintaining proper housekeeping, completing all required preventative maintenance tasks on various systems including steam and condensate systems;
* Collecting samples and performing quality testing in order to maintain quality specifications and relaying any issues in a timely manner;
* Maintaining a positive attitude in working as a team member with all departments;
* Setting a positive example for other employees, and showing a sense of urgency to correct operational, safety problems & housekeeping problems.
* Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent. Vocational school, industrial experience, technical college or an accredited institution in certifying skills in the following areas: High pressure boilers operation, industrial maintenance, or a diploma in industrial technician or industrial machine maintenance, preferred.
* Must have a state of Minnesota Certified Class B Boilers' Operators License
* Can work required shift-work and overtime.
* Can demonstrate and troubleshoot plant boilers, stillyard equipment, hot oil heaters, incinerators, and plant air systems.
* Has the ability to perform higher level mathematics and simple statistical calculations.
* Possesses the ability to communicate effectively one-on-one at all levels.
* Personal computer knowledge and experience.
* Must be able to make decisions based on data.
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).GAF Buildings Materials Corp. Of AmericaMinneapolisMN
VIEW JOBS12/3/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-03T00:00Tennant Company is a recognized leader of the cleaning industry. Since 1870 we have been passionate about developing innovative and sustainable solutions that help our customers clean more spaces more effectively, addressing indoor and outdoor cleaning challenges. Our products include equipment for maintaining surfaces in industrial, commercial and outdoor environments; detergent-free and other sustainable cleaning technologies; cleaning tools and supplies; and coatings for protecting, repairing and upgrading surfaces. With more than $1B in revenue, Tennant Company operates in three geographic business units including the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Africa and Asia Pacific. Join the company committed to empowering our customers to create a cleaner, safer and healthier world with high-performance cleaning solutions that minimize waste, reduce costs, improve safety and further sustainability goals.
Tennant is currently seeking an Intermediate Rotomold Operator for 3rd Shift working 10:00 pm to 6:00 am Sunday night through Friday morning. This role is responsible for successful operation of rotational molding machines to form plastic molds, produce tanks and other molded components.
* Programs and maintains the operation of the rotomold machine including start-up, shutdown, temperature adjustments, fills roto-mold buckets with powder, pulls completed parts, scrapes clean and cuts out parts per work instructions. The operations require the enhancement of appearance, function and safety for the product. Ensures quality of all outgoing products.
* Process requires some troubleshooting and adjustment to complete assigned tasks.
* Carries out detailed written and oral instructions.
* Provides guidance and training for others within the department.
* Assist with daily tool maintenance with mold prep, soda blasting seams, polishing seams, power-washing mold and adjusting latches
* Review product on the machine and take visual inventory
* Review dimensional requirements and insure quality expectations are being met
* Review returned parts from non-conformance, discuss part issues with engineer/supervisor and related production Operators
* Maintain process portion of mold manuals and process parameters within the machine controls. Update the process information
* Fill roto-mold buckets with powder used in the molding process
* Facilitate troubleshooting of process related problems
* Hi/low air issues
* Uneven wall thickness distribution
* Holes forming on seams, part surfaces, and around inserts
* Mold venting / airlines
* Causes of part variations for size
* Causes of part warpage
* Causes of part color variations
* Causes of insert crooked / loss of location
* Causes of over cured/ under cured part
* Mold – in – graphics application
* Secondary operations ( cutout fixtures, dimensional fixtures, cooling fixtures)
* Pull completed parts from machine molds
* Scrape finished parts clean
* Use jigs, fixtures & routers to cut-out parts per work instructions
* Flame finished parts to assure smooth surfaces
* Clean molds and/or work area as required
* Change/assist in the changing of molds as required
* Water tests parts as required
* Ensures production quality of all outgoing products, using check fixtures to assure correct shrinkage and to maintain necessary tolerances within the production process
* Maintain on-going count of parts produced during regularly scheduled shift
* Movement of tools, raw materials, work in progress and finished goods materials into and outbound of the department
* Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
* High School Diploma OR G.E.D. OR equivalent
* 2+ years of rotational molding and/or injection molding experience
* Previous experience scheduling short-term work, guiding/training others and troubleshooting process problems
* Must possess a current forklift license
* Must be legally authorized to work within the United States without sponsorship
* Ability to coordinate and manage all production scheduling of work including change overs, parts to run and quantities required
* Ability to lead within a team or group of individuals
* Ability to enter/save on the machine program and send to arm
* Ability to understand cure levels and cooling times and how part quality is effected using temperature system
* Ability to be trained on multiple production lines
* Ability to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees
* Ability to deal with problems involving complex variables in non-standardized situations
* Ability to use basic hand tools, jigs, fixtures and routers to cut-out parts
* Ability to work with without direct supervision
* Ability to use Microsoft Outlook for email
* Ability to understand majority of roto-mold blue prints from Engineering Drawing Locator
* Ability to navigate and use Microsoft Windows, Drawing/method layout Locator and Autotime
REQUIRED PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 75 pounds
* Specific vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
* Regularly required to stand, use hands to grip, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms
* Frequently required to walk, talk and hear
* Routinely and regularly works near moving mechanical parts
* Frequent exposure to hot conditions
* Occasionally exposed to non-toxic fumes
* Moderate noise level
REQUIRED INTERPERSONAL & BEHAVIORAL SKILLS:
* Ability to problem-solve.
* Ability to concentrate on tasks, make decisions and work calmly and effectively in a high-pressure, deadline oriented environment.
* Willingness to be flexible with time and adjust to a changing work environment.
* Ability to build and maintain positive relationships, both internally and externally, while maintaining a client service orientation.
* Ability to use sound judgment and discretion in dealing with highly confidential information.
* Consistent attendance either onsite or remotely as needed by the business.
* Ability to take direction and accept supervision.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently, organize and accurately prioritize work, be detail-oriented, understand when urgency is required and use good judgment in varied situations.
Let us introduce you to Tennant Company. We're everywhere. In your sports clubs, shopping malls, office buildings, parking lots. We make things that make things look like new. We bring new cleaning ideas to market. There is new dirt every day and our machines clean it up. With manufacturing operations and sales, service and support functions across globe, your journey at Tennant can take you places you never expected. If you want to get your hands dirty on a project, step up with your own ideas, or maybe even explore talents you never knew you had, Tennant Company is a place where that can happen. Because at Tennant, we like to think like new. Begin your journey with us. Let's reinvent how the world cleans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tennant Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skill, ability, reliability, productivity, and other factors important to performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other basis protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis