Board Chair Human Resources
The Class Consulting Group
San Francisco South Bay Area , California 65018
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Class Consulting Group is a boutique management consulting firm headquartered in SFO-Bay Area that provides consulting services to senior management and Board of Directors of nonprofit/philanthropic organizations. It also offers community leadership opportunities to professionals. CLASS collaborates with its clients - the Non-Profit Organizations to help them realize their mission and create tangible value. CLASS offers business consulting services in Marketing, Strategy, Human Resources/ Organization, Finance, and IT.We are looking for motivated and committed individuals to join our volunteer-driven teams.Position Type:
Volunteering (All volunteering positions at Class Consulting Group are unpaid).Temporarily remote due to COVID-19.General Responsibilities:
- Lead the Human Resourcesteamand drive Talent Acquisition and Management initiatives.
- Mentor and advise management team on strategies and development of various growth initiatives.
- Build and maintain relationships with professional associations, HR departments and other groups to attract and retain talent.
- Responsible for creating organizational policies and processes.
- Responsiblefordriving organizationaldevelopment initiatives.
- Developing frameworks and training programs for ensuring consistent culture across the organization.
Requirements:Educationand Experience: -
- Responsiblefor growth and sound governingthe organization.
- Ensure Fulfillment of the mission of the organization.
- Strongly believes in and advocates organizational values.
- Set strategicdirection and overall policy.
- Oversee andgive final approvalandevaluate the organizationsprogresstoward strategic goals and ensure sufficient resources.
- Actasambassadorfor the organization.
- Promote the organizations image and public standing.
- To establish an organizational culture that embraces strategic planning and sets clearly defined goals.
- Help promote diversity.
- Report to the Board President.
- Report to full Board regarding committee decisions and recommendations.
- Work closely with the Team Director and other volunteers.
- Assign work to the committee members, set the agenda, run regular meetings and distribute meeting minutes.
- Initiate and lead team evaluation and KPI.
- Masters degree in Business/HR from a reputed business school.
- 15+ years of experience in the area of expertise with 8+ years of prior leadership background.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment and taking initiative.
- Desire to play role in CLASSs growth strategy.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in meetings and task forces seen as a leader.
- Fulfill required time commitment.
- Demonstrated interest/passion in the non-profit/social responsibility sector.
- Willing and able to make asks on CLASSs behalf [ambassadors].
- Visionary future orientation.
- Good communication skills, open minded and articulate.
- Strong team builder and team member.
- Leadership skills.
- Self-confident and outgoing personality.
- Attend monthly board meetings.
- Attend meeting twice a month - Virtual [MS Teams]
- Estimated time commitment: 10-15 hours/ month depending needs.
- Minimum commitment requirement is 1 Term [3 years]
- Leadership development opportunities.
- Networking opportunities.
- Group based learning.
- Satisfactory volunteering experience.
The CLASS Consulting Group believes in equal employment opportunity and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.