BMS Controls Specialist, Construction
Albireo Energy, LLC
Crofton , MD 21114
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
In addition to the responsibilities below, the BMS Controls Specialist performs routine and complex technical duties in troubleshooting and repairing of components within building automation field cabinets, sensors, and related controls. They may work under the supervision of a higher-level building automation technician and are expected to maintain all responsibilities and attributes of lower level technicians. The location of the work in the greater DC area with the majority involving mission critical government facilities.
A key member of the Albireo team, the BMS Specialist will be responsible to:
- Troubleshoot and make necessary repairs to building-automation-system field cabinets, including communication devices, printed circuit boards, power supplies, electrical/electronic controls, sensors, and transducers.
- Safely perform point-to-point checkout per department standards and to mentor lower level technicians to maintain these standards.
- Take initiative and responsibility for the checkout of end devices, module configuration, and troubleshooting network related issues.
- Responsible for the startup of simple to complex automation systems and mechanical equipment.
- Understands various protocols that may be integrated into the building automation system.
- Able to make complex program and graphic changes to meet specification and sequence.
- Communicate technical issues to management, project managers and/or more senior level technicians.
- Maintain field markups, and coordinate field markups from lower level techs.
- Report to work on time and ready to perform assigned tasks.
- Perform necessary database tasks such as backups, clippings, troubleshooting and exporting of files.
- Maintain company tools, test equipment, and material.
- Creates thorough daily reports to submit to EMS project team and supervisor.
- Mentors and sets a good example for lower level technicians.
- Looks for opportunities to keep the project moving forward.
- Communicate with job site personnel from other trades to complete project objectives.
- Works with commissioning agent to demonstrate system functionality.
- Take part in solutions-based discussions with owners and project stakeholders both inside and outside the company.
- Equivalent experience, vocational school, or an Associate degree in electronics, mechanical systems, computer technology, air conditioning or similar field is required.
- Familiarity with the Automated Logic product line and software suite is preferred.
- Ability to plan and prepare for tasks assigned to them and/or for lower level technicians.
- Ability to learn, retain, and then train others training content assigned to them.
- Ability to learn and retain concepts related to job assignments.
- Positive attitude.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Shows ability to plan and prepare for tasks assigned to them.
Basic Life Insurance
Voluntary Life Insurance
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Paid Sick Time
401K with Company match