Bioprocess Lab Technician
Salt Lake City , UT 84116
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
DiscGenics is a clinical stage biotechnology company performing studies to support the continued development of our cell therapy products to treat diseases of the spine. We are seeking an organized bioprocess technician to support our bioprocess characterization effort. This position is ideal for someone early in their career or someone transitioning careers, eager to gain industry experience and learn skills for doing research in a biotechnology company. The ideal candidate must have some prior lab experience, be familiar with aseptic technique, be hard working, and willing to learn new skills. Experience with cell culture and bioreactors is preferred but extensive on-site training will be provided.
- Aid bioprocess scientist in the execution of small-scale studies using DASbox bioreactor systems.
- Set up, calibrate, maintain, and clean bench scale bioreactors.
- Prepare growth media and ensure inventory control for the bioprocess team.
- Perform cell culture activities including media exchanges, reactor harvest, cell counts, enzymatic digestions, and confluency assessments.
- Follow the elevated good documentation practices necessary for a Quality by Design characterization effort.
- Participate in routine cleaning activities for the lab.
- Participate in technical team meetings.
- Support routine maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment.
- Associates degree in biological, biochemical, engineering or laboratory-based program
- +1 year of experience in a bioprocess sciences, engineering, biology, or related lab preferred.
- Experience with aseptic technique (working in a biological safety cabinet) preferred.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture or bioreactors preferred but not necessary.
- Must be willing to work with human cells/tissue.
- Must have strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
DiscGenics offers a creative, team-oriented scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, and a comprehensive benefits package.