General Electric Corpus Christi , TX 78410
Biomedical Technician I
Posted 9/24/2018 10:57:21 AM
Job Function: Services
Business Segment: Healthcare Global Services
Location(s): United States; Texas; Corpus Christi, Tx
Responds to service calls to evaluate, diagnose, and perform repair and planned maintenance (PM) on customers' basic biomedical equipment. Drives customer satisfaction through service excellence.
1.Under supervision, evaluate basic customer biomedical equipment issues, implement appropriate repairs, and as assigned, perform PM and safety/environmental inspections.
2.May assist more experienced technicians on basic and more complex repairs/resolution.
4.Effectively communicate and partner with teammates and colleagues.
5.Follow appropriate GE policies, procedures, hospital protocol, and completes necessary documentation.
6.Maintain daily communications with customers as directed, to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to strong customer relations and ongoing customer satisfaction.
7.As instructed, implement GE/customer facility contract and supports business goals/objectives.
8.Work as a member of local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within the assigned area.
9.When trained, able to share on-call responsibility.
10. Document all repair actions and submit reports/summaries according to schedule.
11. Ensure proper care of spares, tools, and test equipment, and ensure calibration.
12. Enhance and maintain technical knowledge of current standards, codes, and procedures regarding safe and effective use of medical equipment through formal instruction.
13. Understand and utilize sources of help (i.e., manuals, tech support, Facetime app, online resources) to answer questions when performing PM.
14. Meet Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety requirements, and all other applicable regulatory requirements.
1.One year of experience performing troubleshooting and PM on basic electronic, electromechanical or medical equipment following current standards, code, and procedures to ensure safe and effective operation of those devices.
2.Strong knowledge of electronic digital circuitry and understanding of electronic and electro-mechanical devices.
3.Experience interpreting schematic diagrams and perform effective repair and planned maintenance on basic biomedical or electronic equipment.
4.Experience developing and maintaining good customer relations.
5.Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution-based service process.
6.Proficiency in completing electronic documentation using technological tools (e.g., Ipad, Iphone) and familiar with technological programs (e.g., Microsoft Office).
7.Change agent and process oriented.
8.Exhibit the mentality that customers determine our success.
9.Operate with efficiency and sense of urgency
10. Willingness to learn and adapt to changing environments.
11. Empower and inspire others.
12. Ability to deliver results in an uncertain environment, ability to multitask and prioritize.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Texas; Corpus Christi, Tx
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.