Billing Support Specialist
Louisville , KY 40206
Posted 5 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Who We Are
Sierra Interactive builds tools for real estate professionals to grow their businesses. As a tech startup that's been around for 10+ years, our customers rely on our products as an essential part of their day-to-day operations. These clients keep us in business, and we're committed to providing them with efficient and effective support.
About This Role
You will provide administrative and billing support for our clients related to their use of our services and our platform. As the newest member of our small billing team, you would be ready and excited to:
- Learn our products and platform inside and out.
- Treat our customers with respect, kindness, and enthusiasm as you answer 25+ customer emails and 10+ phone calls per day.
- Investigate payment-related questions and follow-up with clients related to past-due accounts
- Become familiar with the Google Adwords advertising platform, learn to create client profiles and manage Adwords-related budget requests
- Participate in some aspects of new feature development by distilling customer feedback and providing your perspective as a billing specialist
- Create clear, informative, and engaging documentation for both our client-facing and internal knowledge bases, and keep this documentation current as our platform evolves.
- Stay up-to-date with product developments as a part of a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Here's what your first 90 days on the job will look like:
- Get up-to-speed on our products, our processes, and the real estate profession in general. You'll answer some emails and we'll be there to ensure your success.
- Then, you'll dive deeper into the more difficult billing queries. You'll be answering some phone calls to provide immediate support.
- As you become comfortable as a billing specialist, you'll find you're answering emails at a steady rate, regularly answering phone calls, and easily assisting clients with all aspects of their billing needs.
You're ready to contribute to the work and culture of a growing tech startup, in that:
- You're a hard worker with a proven track record of getting things done carefully and efficiently. You're patient and pay attention to the details.
- Working with people makes you happy. You're a clear communicator and can artfully break down, solve, and explain complex issues.
- You take pride in your ability to defuse tense situations with humor and grace. The prospect of working through an issue with an agitated customer doesn't scare you.
- Your writing skills are top notch. You have an engaging, conversational style and a solid grasp of grammar.
- You're organized and able to juggle multiple priorities at one time. You have the ability to switch gears quickly and re-adjust your focus as needed.
- You can work between the hours of 9am-6pm EST.
As a bonus (though not required):
- You have 1-3 years working in billing / accounts receivable or customer support.
- Experience providing support in a SaaS environment.
- You've worked in ZenDesk, Help Scout, or a similar web-based help desk software
- You have proficiency in Windows or MacOS.
Starting pay for this role is between $13 and $16 per hour, depending on experience. Benefits are available contingent upon completion of a 90 day on-boarding period and include:
- Paid holidays and paid time off.
- Choice to opt-in to join our company-sponsored group health/vision/dental insurance (we cover 50% of your cost).
- Simple IRA employer matching contributions.
Something else thats important to you? Talk to us. Were flexible and committed to providing a healthy work environment where great people can thrive.
Everything still sound great? Apply below.