We are seeking a Billing Services Specialist to add to our Client's Billing Services Team.
They will be working directly with the Billing Services Supervisor to help track the daily work activities that are performed by the team as well as ensure that all facility accounts are current each month.
They will also be responsible for pulling monthly charges, creating and sending out 100+ monthly invoices to facility payers.
There is a strong emphasis on resolving account delinquency and arranging payment in order to minimize loss to the organization.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
Help the Billing Services Supervisor provide quality control of facility account/insurance related billing and issues.
Identify potential issues and opportunities with recommending end result solutions and have the ability to recognize when a problem needs to be escalated to the Billing Services Supervisor.
Advise Facility Payees and Directors of Operation of necessary actions and strategies for debt repayment.
Ability to interact with other departments in a professional manner.
Help ensure that all invoicing and collections effort is completed each month.
Pull monthly charges from ProScript2000 for Facility Payees and create monthly invoices using the Open Item Report and Gross Margin by RX Report.
Follows appropriate procedures for follow-up on Facility payment and collection of overdue open item balances including recording information regarding status of collection efforts.
Open Item A/R review; Locate and monitor overdue accounts, review A/R spreadsheets, research and resolution of charges (pulling checks, verify payment info, etc.)
Re-bill, transfer, adjust, and write-offs charges in ProScript System.
Reviews and resolves problems concerning the provision of pharmacy services which impact the ability to collect charges.
Uphold Medicare, Medicaid, and HIPAA compliance guidelines in relation to billing, collections, and PHI information.
Provide coverage for fellow teammates when they are out of the office.
Have the ability to be flexible with your work schedule if it is necessary to meet deadlines or deliverables as assigned by the Billing Services Supervisor, Billing Services Lead, or Executive Management. This is a requirement during End of Month Close.
VIEW JOBS10/13/2019 12:00:00 AM2020-01-11T00:00Description:
Applies in depth knowledge of industry standard billing rules to correct errors and resolve problems related to preparing and submitting accurate medical bills for services provided in our hospital, ASC, outpatient and pharmacy settings. Posts cash, negotiates payment arrangements, identifies accounts for collection. Follows up on denials and files appeals as appropriate, and answers billing questions from customers.
* Applies in depth knowledge of industry standard billing rules to correct errors and resolve problems related to preparing and submitting accurate medical bills for services provided in our Hospital, ASC, Outpatient and pharmacy settings.
* Receives, posts and applies payments as appropriate. Negotiates payment arrangements and accepts credit card payments. Reviews and supports accounts being sent to collections. Analyzes unapplied cash and re-applies or refunds as appropriate according to written policies.
* Applies in depth knowledge of industry standard billing rules to investigate and resolve problems related to outstanding insurance and patient accounts. Conducts follow-up on claim denials and files appeals appeals as appropriate. Via phone, mail, and other correspondence methods, responds to internal and external customer billing issues.
* Participates in ongoing process improvement work.
* Minimum one (1) year of medical billing or insurance claims experience including customer service.
* High School Diploma OR General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
* Completion of a vocational school or certificate program in medical billing, health information technology, or other similar health care field.
* Industry standard medical billing rules and automated billing systems.
* Customer service skills.
Primary Location: Washington,Renton,Renton Administration - Glacier 1200 SW 27th St. Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 8:00 AM Working Hours End: 5:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: OPEIU Job Level: Individual Contributor Job Category: Accounting, Finance and Actuarial Services Department: Patient Financial Services Travel: No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Click here for additional requirements >
VIEW JOBS8/21/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-11-19T00:00Job Summary:
The purpose of this position is to organize and maintain all records related to medical billing in an effective, efficient and financially sound manner. To prepare and submit accurate statements of resident charges to appropriate payers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work cooperatively with facility staff.
* Evaluate facility needs to submit accurate statements of resident charges to appropriate payers.
* Implement and maintain an effective, organized, efficient system to submit accurate statements of resident charges to appropriate payers.
* Prepare and submit accurate, complete statements of resident charges to appropriate payers.
* Maintain accurate, neat, organized files of all data related to resident medical billing.
* Keep informed on all federal, state and local requirements related to medical billing.
* Issue resident notifications of medical billing as required.
* Process correspondence related to reimbursement in a courteous, timely and accurate manner.
* Verify accuracy of resident charges from all sources.
* Collect and enter accurate clinical data for federal and state reimbursement.
* Communicate and work cooperatively with residents, residents' representatives, fiscal intermediaries, carriers, accountants, HMOs, auditors, cost report preparers and private insurance companies.
* Communicate and work cooperatively with facility vendors, suppliers, contractors and ancillary service personnel.
* Justify Remittance Advice records.
* Accurately track and collect reimbursement due from all payer sources.
* Maintain accurate records on resident health benefits from all payer sources.
* File inquiries, reconsiderations and appeals to the appropriate payer sources upon receipt of rejection of reimbursement for any reason.
* Follow up on all account collection procedures.
* Observe all facility safety policies and procedures.
* Perform other related duties as directed by his/her supervisor.
p. Experience with billing Medicare and 3rd party insurance, Medicaid and private pay patients. Familiarity with post-acute care software.
VIEW JOBS10/10/2019 12:00:00 AM2020-01-08T00:00Swedish Medical Group is looking for a Patient Services Representative (1.0 FTE, Day Shift) to work in Renton Primary Care, WA.
The Patient Services Representative performs a variety of front office support tasks within a primary care setting
In this position you will:
* Manage provider's daily schedule of patient appointments, working closely with the rest of the care team to adjust as needed for optimum patient care.
* Manage incoming calls, electronic messages, paperwork and fax transmissions from patients, pharmacies and other providers, routing to other care team members as necessary for signatures and timely responses.Coordinate patient check out process.
* Obtain pre-authorization from insurance providers as necessary for specialist referrals, imaging, and procedures.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of insurance plans and act as a resource
Required qualifications for this position include:
* H.S. Diploma or GED
* Previous experience in a customer service capacity managing high-volume calls and appointment scheduling
* Previous experience with computer data input
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
* Experience in a healthcare setting is preferred.
* Experience with EPIC practice management software is preferred.
About Swedish Medical Group:
Swedish Medical Group (SMG) is a successful, performance-driven division of Swedish Health Services, the largest non-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area. The SMG network includes more than 900 providers across more than 130 primary care and specialty care clinics.
Swedish Health ServicesRentonWA