Bilingual Production Supervisor - 2Nd Or 3Rd Shift
Houston , TX 77093
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
About Merchants Metals
Were one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of fence systems in North America. With 35 distribution center locations, 5 manufacturing facilities, and a 60-year legacy of providing quality fencing and accessories, Merchants Metals continues to be the contractor and architect choice for excellence. Our complete line of products includes perimeter security solutions for industrial, commercial and residential applications.
Why Join the Merchants Metals Team?
Our employees are part of a culture that values and promotes personal growth and development. We understand that to be a market leader we must be committed not only to our products but also to our people. Its our talent that helps make Merchants Metals the first name in fence solutions.
Are you a Bilingual Production Manufacturing Professional looking for a great opportunity?
We are currently seeking a Production Supervisor for our Houston, TX manufacturing plant. Reporting to the Plant Business Unit Manager, the Production Supervisor will oversee the frontline production work within either the Chain Link or Strand manufacturing business units. Works closely with Line Leads and Machine Operators to ensure safety, quality, and timeliness requirements are achieved within their assigned manufacturing/production unit.
Hours: Monday- Friday 6:00 pm- 5:00 am, and some Saturdays.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures a safe working environment by complying with all company environmental & safety policies
- Maintains a safe and clean environment, following 5s principles
- Accomplishes manufacturing results by communicating job expectations, planning and monitoring, coaching and disciplining employees, coordinating and enforcing systems, and policies and procedures.
- Controls operational cost according to budget goals, including but not limited to, overtime labor cost, production consumables, etc.
- Assigns operators to machines and ensures production deadlines are achieved according to demand and build plans
- Organizes and monitors work-flow to comply with high pace customer demand
- Ensures equipment is operating properly. Schedules repairs when needed.
- Compiles manufacturing information and analyzes production performance.
- Ensures production plans meet customer demand for fulfilling orders on time
- Monitors inventory through cycle counts
- Responsible for the hiring staff, ensures timekeeping and payroll are completed accurately for staff and temps.
- Maintains staff by training and developing operators.
- Identifies and resolves employee relations matters. Involves HR and Corp leadership as needed.
- Performing analysis of current and future manufacturing capacity
- Converting production machines to run new products
- Trouble-shooting production gaps, suggesting solutions to leadership and maintenance and implementing changes.
- Supervision of hourly production workers in a heavy industrial manufacturing setting.
- Responsibilities for ensuring the safe operation of equipment and worker compliance with all safety guidelines.
- 3-7+ years of experience supervising hourly production workers in a heavy manufacturing setting.
- Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing background
- The ability to articulate previous manufacturing projects they have implemented using Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Strong experience with Excel and past, demonstrable experience, with creating data bases & analyzing purposes
- Previous responsibilities for ensuring the safe operation of equipment and worker compliance with manufacturing safety guidelines.
- Ability to clearly understand and articulate safety, quality, productivity, delivery and inventory metrics
- *Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Must be willing to work OT and some Saturdays if/when needed.
- BSE or BEng. preferred, but not required
- Professional certifications in manufacturing
- Previous project management skills
Merchants Metals employees and their qualified family members have the opportunity to participate in industry leading benefits programs which include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for Employees, Spouses, Dependents &/or entire Family
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Short/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Convenient 24/7 Doctor Visits through LiveHealth Online
- Legal Assistance via Legal Shield
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identify Theft Protection
- Access Perks Discounts on products and services with companies nationwide.
- 401k Retirement Program with strong company match.