VIEW JOBS11/10/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-08T00:00Job Summary and Mission:
Starbucks is seeking an experienced, creative and self-motivated Sr. Systems Analyst to support our BI and Data Services systems. In this role, the Sr. Systems Analyst will act as a primary IT liaison to the Customer Analytics team for project related activities and overall support for Starbucks' customer data and decision scientist programs. Responsibilities will include business requirements management, analysis, functional design, testing, implementation support, designing business processes and delivering business user training for IT projects with moderate to highly complex scope. We are looking for a high caliber resource able to:
* Communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
* Provide functional consulting and documentation for large or complex BI and Data Services projects requiring multidisciplinary approaches and collaboration with project team and business partners.
* Carry out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical, and professional manner in alignment with Starbucks guiding principles.
* Coach and mentor less experienced analysts.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
* Proactively identifies and effectively assesses improvement opportunities (productivity/efficiency gains, cost savings, etc.).
* Plays a key role in project initiation efforts by defining project scope and supporting the development of work plans, estimates, and timelines.
* Effective meeting facilitator responsible for conducting user meetings (using JAD type facilitation techniques and Use Cases) to gather, analyze and document business requirements and functional specifications.
* Leverages leading process and technology expertise to propose appropriate solution options.
* Leads iterative solution design and prototyping efforts.
* Translates business requirements into technology solutions. Clearly defines and communicates solutions via functional design specifications. Verifies technical designs satisfy functional requirements.
* Captures and documents data/business rules. Able to work closely with the business users to analyze source system data to identify data anomalies and data definition inconsistencies. Creates new system documentation such as process flows, and system diagrams.
* Directs application configuration activities in support of solution delivery. Configures, documents, and tests configuration of data platform processes
* Coordinates solution delivery activities with vendors as required.
* Able to lead solution testing efforts by developing test plans, preparing test data and environments, coordinating the test execution, and validating test results.
* Creates detailed system design, architecture and end-user documentation to support new system implementation efforts. Delivers training and performs knowledge transfer to team members as required.
* Leverages deep system and process expertise in analyzing and troubleshooting complex system/user issues to drive resolution and determine root cause.
* Leads issue resolution efforts across peer support groups, technical support teams, and vendors as required.
* Effectively coordinates and communicates issues resolution with end-users.
* Correlates related production issues and assesses trends to identify broader improvement opportunities.
* Extends technology support internationally to support global business operations.
Leadership & Coordination
* Adeptly facilitates/negotiates through challenging situations.
* Interfaces across all organization levels comfortably with internal business customers, technical support resources, and external business partners.
* Leads groups though effective decision making.
* May lead project teams or direct the activities of a given project phase.
* Develops less-experienced analysts through coaching and mentoring.
* Supports team building and drives internal process improvement efforts.
* Translates broader organization strategies and objectives to technology solutions.
Summary of Experience
* Relevant functional/business process experience - 5 years
* Solution design, testing, and implementation experience - 5 years
* Applicable application and system configuration experience - 5 years
* Production support, system maintenance, upgrades, and enhancement delivery experience -5 years
* End user support and documentation experience - 6 years
* IT Project experience as project resource or lead - 2 years
* Solution design, testing, and implementation experience- 5 years
* Data Analysis- 2 years
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Strong analytic and problem solving skills; good working knowledge of SQL and ability to utilize ad-hoc query tools for data investigation / profiling and troubleshooting system issues
* Proven ability to work with and influence all levels of leadership to capture / validate requirements and convert into enterprise-wide, highly reliable and scalable technology solutions
* Skilled in the utilization of system development methodologies throughout the full project lifecycle.
* Ability to identify/define viable technology and process solutions to meet business objectives.
* Knowledge/skill to objectively assess benefits, costs, and feasibility of proposed solutions.
* Strong oral and written communication skills and can present technical requirements to business partner communities and provide effective end-user training
* Ability to lead, influence, and negotiate across a diverse group of stakeholders with conflicting priorities.
* Experience creating and updating effective documentation to drive solution development in alignment with business requirements:
o System integration specifications
o Functional design specifications
* Knowledge of effective testing practices and methodologies.
* Ability to effectively utilize available tools and resources (internal and external) to resolve issues.
* Ability to drive process improvement initiatives.
* Ability to coach/mentor less-experienced analysts.
* Ability to work effectively in self-directed manner.
* Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Visio, and Project.
* Knowledge of Customer Data subject area and functional business experience
* Experience providing user support to Customer Analytics business organization – prefer experience with Microsoft Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL DB, Azure SQL Data Warehouse and Oracle Exadata
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
VIEW JOBS11/9/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-07T00:00The Social PM team is seeking a Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) with a passion developing BI frameworks, technical architecture, tools and reporting dashboards needed to analyze social media data, and dive deep on measuring sentiment and intent inside text-based communication. The successful candidate will build analytics on very large data sets to create actionable business insights out of the noisy world of social media data. The candidate will also be able to stretch their skills in Machine Learning and NLP technologies. Data will be available from 3P social reporting tools and stored in a variety of 3P and in-house data storage locations.
The role requires strong understanding of large data sets and the landscape of social media, quantitative and qualitative analysis of unstructured text data, sentiment and intent measurement, solid interpersonal and communication skills, a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, an entrepreneurial ability to work with minimal direction, and rapid prototyping.
* You will be leading the technical charter on reporting platform for self-service analytics and you will solve complex analytical problems at a global scale.
* You will have a direct interaction with CS, PR, HR, and FC businesses, finance, and other BI teams to translate their business requirements into technical specifications.
* You will partner effectively with business stakeholders on common areas of scalability, data quality management, data delivery management and performance optimization.
* You will work closely with the business and technical teams in analysis on many non-standard and unique business problems and use creative-problem solving to deliver actionable output.
* Your work will have a direct impact on the day-to-day decision making and operational planning processes within the Amazon Social Programs TeamAmazon.Com, Inc.SeattleWA
VIEW JOBS11/9/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-07T00:00The Amazon Delivery Technology team is looking for a passionate business intelligence and analytics leader to head the data and analytics platform for Amazon's transportation network. The PerfectMile team is a worldwide business intelligence and data integration team supporting Amazon's transportation network, composed of software, business intelligence and data engineers. Together, we support Amazon Operations, Finance and HR by providing reliable, consistent and accurate insight and intelligence for our transportation network.
In this role, you will work with internal customers at all levels of the organization – Operations, Customer service, HR, Technology, Operational Research, Health & Safety, Loss & Prevention. The potential candidate will enjoy the challenges and rewards of working in a fast-growing organization and at a global scale to develop and support the analytic technologies that give our teams flexible and structured access to their data, including implementation of a data platform, defining metrics and KPIs, and automating reporting and data visualization. You are a good fit for this position if you are an excellent communicator, knowledgeable about business intelligence, comfortable in a fast moving organization and excited about growing the careers of engineers. You should have broad skills in business intelligence, database design, software development, building self-service tools, defining metrics and KPIs, and applying analytical rigor to solve business problems.
This leader will be an independent thinker who makes convincing, data-driven decisions. The ideal candidate will devise clear strategy, positioning and execution priorities and will be comfortable thinking big and diving deep. S/he will be a pragmatic visionary who can identify opportunities and lead the team to translate them into workable, scalable technology solutions. S/he must be comfortable working with complex challenges, and working with engineering, product, other stakeholders internationally. S/he will also be an expert in building and developing high performance teams.
* End to end ownership of a business intelligence product team, including gathering inputs from leadership and partner teams, roadmap planning and prioritization, promoting best practices, and mentoring and developing your team
* Establishing and leading solutions across multiple teams. Champion data and metrics instrumentation during the development lifecycle for new products and services
* Drive development of tools, automation, and new innovative and insightful reports
* Support last mile, transportation and sortation business teams with data and analytical needs