The Nationwide Children's Hospital Behavioral Health Clinical Lead Supervisor works in collaboration with the Clinical Coordinator, Program Manager and/or Clinical Coordinator to coordinate clinical services and related administrative activities on the multidisciplinary program to achieve the most effective, efficient, and culturally relevant service delivery to children and families. Further, the Supervisor is responsible for assisting with quality assurance, compliance, fiscal accountability, training, staff development, and customer and stakeholder relationships on behalf of the program team.
Demonstrates competencies defined () below in providing age appropriate care to pediatric and select adult patients.
Why Nationwide Children's Hospital
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it.
And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children's Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We're 12,000 strong.
And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we'll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children's badge what they do for a living. They'll tell you it's More Than a Job.
It's a calling. It's a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children's Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
1.Coordinates the clinical activities of program members to achieve the most effective, efficient and culturally competent service delivery to children and families.
2. *Facilitates the daily organization of call center resources to manage referral and phone volume as needed.
3.Recruits, hires and retains qualified clinical staff in collaboration with program management.
4.Coordinates and provides clinical supervision to team members in accordance with program needs and state regulations.
5.Assures staff and program compliance to quality assurance standards and identified quality indicators including competent and timely completion of diagnostic assessment, treatment planning, and outcome measures as well as other supportive documentation required for billing or clinical purposes or other external audits/reviews. Maintains department acceptable scores in reviews such as Readiness Rounds and Perceptions of Care.
6.Completes performance evaluations in collaboration with the Clinical Manager.
7.Initiates supportive and corrective disciplinary actions as per Administrative Personnel Guidelines in collaboration with the Clinical Manager/Clinical Director.
8.Maintains familiarity with the research literature in areas of expertise and supports research activities relevant to clinical services.
9.Identifies and responds to staff developmental needs through supervision, provision of formal and informal training, and approval of attendance at external and internal trainings and conferences.
10. Reviews and screens requests for client/program expenditures before seeking final authorization from the Clinical Manager/Clinical Director.
11. Provides direction and support to team members at clinical meetings, when deemed necessary.
12. Implements quality assurance initiatives that positively impact the operational efficiency and clinical accuracy of the behavioral health triage work flow.
13. Assists with maintaining program fiscal viability and productivity standards.
14. Responds to ongoing daily operational demands by maintaining adequate staffing levels and providing/coordinating on-call or back up for on-call crisis and urgent services.
15. Monitors and assesses practice patterns to ensure high level of clinical expertise and positive outcomes for children and families. Reports outcomes to management.
16. Meets regularly with the program staff and Clinical Manager/Clinical Director and attends departmental meetings at their request.
17. Monitors contract compliance with specific funders and/or payors and provides reports as requested by such payors.
18. Assists in the management of relationships with key funders and stakeholders.
19. Acts on behalf of the Clinical Manager/Clinical Director at their request.
20. Supports Behavioral Health guiding principles and the mission, vision and values of Nation Children's Hospital
.21. Completes other duties as assigned by the Clinical Manager/Clinical Director
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1.Masters or doctoral degree from an accredited university or professional school.
2.Appropriate Ohio independent licensure with supervisor endorsement preferred. Strong independent licensure eligible applicants will be considered with expectation that independent licensure and any applicable supervisor endorsements will be obtained within agreed upon timeframe post hire.
3.Three or more years of experience as a provider of mental health or social services.
4.Demonstrated skills in providing assessment and treatment to children and adolescents.
5.Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate and lead staff, as well as to represent the agency to stakeholders.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Sitting Constantly (67-100%)Talking on phone/in person
Typing on a keyboard Occcasionally (0-33%)
Standing/walking Occasionally (0-33%)
Other Work Requirements
1.Ability to drive to external meetings in Ohio, or travel by plane to national conferences.
2.Flexible hours that permit 24 hour on call availability to staff managing crisis or prompt services for identified periods of time
3.Ability to utilize email and cell phones to conduct daily business.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
Nationwide Children's Hospital