BFS Capital Underwriting Support Analyst
Coral Springs , Florida 33065
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Underwriting Support Analyst (UWS) will report directly to the Operations Manager, Underwriting and will operate under the supervision of the Executive supervising the Underwriting Department. The Opportunity
BFS Capital seeks a data-driven candidate to support decisions about merchant funding and to follow-up on the merchant files, from the time of approval, to the time of funding review. This person will use BFSs document management system to ensure that qualifying merchants receive funding and that application materials are complete and accurate.Primary Responsibilities
The UWS will:
- Review and analyze statements, documents and other materials submitted in support of a request for financing, taking care to provide complete, accurate data for further processing. This will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Evaluating UCCs, credit reports and Articles of Incorporation on merchants, updating scores and requesting additional documentation as needed;
- Reviewing bank and credit card statements for volume and accuracy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Reviewing files for data accuracy and confirming that core documents and information needed for the contract are entered correctly (Corporate Name/DBA, Business Address, State of Incorporation, Tax ID data etc.);
- Checking supporting documents for their consistency and to ensure that they comply with BFS and legal requirements;
- Noting and reporting any omissions, errors or discrepancies or other data needed to complete file(s);
- Communicating with merchants to procure needed documents or to amend submitted documents as required by the BFS process;
- Maintaining records of key communications, actions and the status of all files;
- Working with internal resources as needed; and
- Keeping the database updated in real time.
- Coordinate and process customer materials quickly and accurately; work with other professional in the sales department to ensure that deadlines are met and that files are processed in accordance with BFS guidelines, including acceptance, validation and moving them ahead for further processing.
- Create and maintain spreadsheets, contact files, data bases, filing and general office procedures to support productivity.
- Manage projects and organize workflows to guarantee consistently high completion rates.
- Perform function quickly and accurately.
- A Bachelors Degree in business, finance, mathematics, accounting or law (or its functional equivalent);
- Contract experience (3+ years minimum), preferably in financial services;
- Efficient, organized, self-motivated team player with the ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced, ever changing business, while consistently to delivering high quality output;
- Mathematically precise, with the ability to describe errors or discrepancies accurately in writing or speech;
- Process-driven, with respect for existing workflow design;
- Effective communicator who invites trust and openness; operates with integrity; and
Compensation and Salary
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet proficiency.
BFS offers employees competitive base and benefits.Application Process
Direct your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org