Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Petra Risk Solutions
Cerritos , CA 90703
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Benefits Specialist is responsible to perform essential tasks to support to Account Managers in servicing employer group accounts, within a team environment. Incumbents in this position provide with a positive attitude, prompt, accurate and courteous service to clients, co-workers and business associates, in handling and processing new and renewed business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative support to Group Benefits Team
- Prepare RFP's for submission to Insurers
- Assist in preparing proposals for client presentation
- Create open enrollment materials for presentation
- Participate in open enrollment meetings
- Process group enrollments with insurance carriers
- Process activities for assigned accounts
- Assist in resolving benefit plans and coverage inquiries
- Participate in resolution and support of claims issues
- Keep Account Manager informed of important activities on accounts
- Maintain professional relationships with clients, carriers and team members through regular contact and timely response
- Attend and participate in department meetings
- Provide support and guidance to team members with various projects and assignments
- Maintain a suspense system to follow up on outstanding items in a timely manner
- Maintain electronic and/or paper files in an orderly manner
- Service accounts in a manner to eliminate E&O exposures
- Stay abreast of current legislation and compliance changes, relative to assigned accounts
- Assume other job responsibilities as assigned
- Current, valid Life & Health license issued by the state Department of Insurance;
- Possess organizational skills to prioritize and manage workflow ensuring efficient, timely, and accurate processing of all responsibilities;
- Effective communication skills, using English language, in written, oral or schedule form;
- Ability to apply the concepts of basic accounting, calculate figures and amounts involving decimals such as fractions, pro-rata and percentages;
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables;
- Computer literate - Proficient use of Windows systems, Microsoft Office software (including Word, Excel, Outlook), database programs and general office equipment;
- Type 45-50 wpm;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective, professional relationships with co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts;
- Professional work ethic
Qualified Candidates should submit a resume for consideration.
Petra Risk Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
No recruiters, please.