Kaleidoscope Family Solutions is seeking Behavior Specialists to travel and provide behavioral support services to adults with intellectual or developmental disabilities.This role will provide service in the Lehigh Valley area.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
* Observation of the participant in various settings for the purpose of developing a behavior support plan
* Collaboration with the participant, their family, and their team for the purpose of developing a behavior support plan that must include positive practices and may not include restraint procedures (physical, chemical, or mechanical) as support strategies;
* Conduct comprehensive functional assessments of presenting issues (e.g. aggression, self-injurious behavior, law offending behavior) and completing FBA.
* Develop and maintain behavior support plans, which utilize positive strategies to support the participant, based on functional behavioral assessments
* Conduct training related to the implementation of behavior support plans for the participant, family members, staff and caretakers
* Implement activities and strategies identified in the participant behavior support plan
* Monitor implementation of the behavior support plan, and revise as needed
* Complete required paperwork related to data collection, progress reporting, and development of annual planning material.
REQUIREMENTS & EDUCATION
* Masters Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Education, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) or a Pennsylvania Behavior Specialist License.
* Complete training in conducting and using a Functional Behavioral Assessment (FBA) and Post Test Certification (or willingness to complete the training during application process )
* Minimum of 2 years experience working with individuals with Autism and/or intellectual disabilities.
* Must have a valid drivers license, vehicle registration, and auto insurance for all vehicles owned, leased, and/or hired and used as a component of Behavior Supports service.
* Must complete training(s) to meet the unique needs of the participant which includes but is not limited to communication, mobility and behavioral needs.
* Must be able to produce a clean driving record history report
* Must complete criminal history background check
Compensation is commensurate with experience
Kaleidoscope Family Solutions (KFS) has been providing quality services to individuals with disabilities since 2004. Since our inception, we have focused on in-home and in-community services that promote the healthy development of children, adults, and families through one-on-one behavioral, educational, and daily-living supports
Kaleidoscope Family Solutions