Green Tree School And Services
Philadelphia , PA 19138
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Green Tree School & Services (GTSS) is a nonprofit state licensed agency that provides education, therapeutic and clinical support to children ages 5-21 with Autism Disorder and Severe Emotional Disability at Green Tree School& Services, all students are instructed based on their IEP goals and the appropriate state standards as defined by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Green Tree School & Services (GTSS)is currently seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of a Full-Time Behavior Manager to work at our School. The Behavior Manager will assist in the implementation of the instructional and behavioral management programs with students who exhibit a variety of learning and behavioral problems.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Support and perform job duties in accordance with the established mission and values of Green Tree School and Services including students achievements model, the school-wide Positive Behavioral Support expectation.
- Provide direct, face to face therapeutic intervention and support to a child or group of children to assist in the childs development of positive, social, emotional, and behavioral skills.
- Ensures a safe environment, including the implementation of proper procedures, notification of appropriate parties for incidents requiring notification, and on-going evaluation of the milieu for environmental safety factors.
- Provides crisis support intervention services when needed.
- Develop strengths and capacities of student as well as address challenging behaviors.
- Aid in implementing alternative activities to redirect challenging behaviors in crisis and routine events ensuring the school safety always.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries and adhere to ethical expectation as required.
- Complete, update, and maintain incident report, restraint documentation, behavioral referrals, and other documentation as required.
- Assist teachers and staff with planning and implementing appropriate behavioral goals and objectives as stated on the individualized behavior management plans for students.
- Assist with working with an individual student or group of students in the classroom or in a separate setting removed the classroom
- Assist in determining the readiness of and facilitate a students return to his/her regular class.
- Assist in supervising student during arrival, dismissal, recess, lunch and off- campus activities.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and practice intervention strategies in managing the behavior of students in emotionally stressful and crisis situations.
- Support, de-escalate, an at time restrain highly emotional children
- Ability to collect and maintain behavioral data i.e. charting, graphing, activities logs, etc.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualification and skill
- Associate degree or higher
- Current Act 34, Act 151 and Act 114 clearances.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write and complete routine reports.
- Ability to effectively communicate in a verbal and/or written manner.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to communicate with coworkers, administration, clients, vendors and others in a courteous and professional manner
Eligible Green Tree Employees will receive:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employee Discount Programs
- 401k options, Paid school holidays, and paid time off.
For more information please visit our website: www.greentreeschool.org