Behavior Intervention Specialist
Ronkonkoma , NY 11779
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
AHRC Suffolk is a non-profit agency that is dedicated to applying its resources toward improving the lives of people with intellectual and development disabilities. The agency provides opportunities for attaining the highest level of personal growth and development through coordinated and individualized services.
The Behavior Intervention Specialist (BIS) is responsible for providing positive approaches, strategies, and supports to enrich the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities. They assist in developing appropriate person-centered behavioral supports to increase and maintain functional behaviors, and design interventions to prevent or limit challenging behaviors as well as to monitor the use of specific interventions that limit rights or have adverse potential adverse impacts.
This position is 35 hours a week. This is a full time, benefit eligible position. The hours are Monday- Friday, 8:00 am- 3:30 pm.
Examples of Work:
- Conducts Functional Behavior Assessments for individuals with behavioral challenges.
- Develops and implements Behavior Support Plans in conjunction with input from the interdisciplinary team.
- Maintains data for all Behavior Support Plans.
- On a regular basis, meets with direct care staff to review Behavior Support Plans.
- As required and with specific training, assists individuals we support with challenging behavior and emergency care, including crisis intervention.
- Attends Psychiatric appointments as warranted.
- Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team and as needed, attends annual, semi-annual and team meetings.
- Maintains CPR and SCIP-R certification.
- As required and with specialized training, drives agency vehicle and may use own vehicle on agency business.
- At least one year working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Must have a Valid NY State Driver's License with satisfactory record.
- Candidates must meet one of the following educational requirements:
- Must have a Masters Degree in a clinical or treatment field in Psychology, Social Work, School Psychology, Applied Psychology, as it relates to human development and clinical intervention or a related Human Service Field