Bartender (High Volume) - Deck 84
Rapoport's Restaurant Group
BOCA RATON , Florida 33483
Immediate Opening - $$$
Winner of the 2020 Sun Sentinel's Top Workplace for Medium-Sized Business in South Florida and Top Workplace USA in 2021.Rapoport's Restaurant Group, Inc. is now hiring qualified Bartender for Deck 84, located in East Delray BeachAt Deck 84 we are dedicated to providing high-quality cuisine for a good value, a warm and welcoming ambiance, and a truly attentive service that is redefining dining in Palm Beach County.Join our growing team and see for yourself why Rapoport's Restaurant Group, Inc. has received over 80 awards including the Community Excellence Award and the Dream Big Small Business of the Year Award.
As a Bartender
for Deck 84 you will be expected to (but are not limited to the following):
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Must be able to pass Responsible Service of Alcohol Test with a score of 90% or better.
- Welcome each guest personally within 30 seconds.
- Communicate with guests using clear and enthusiastic words, tone and body language at all times. Make guests feel appreciated through your actions.
- Work with others to keep all areas cleaned and stocked to Restaurants' standards at all times.
- Mix, garnish and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks for patrons of bar and dining room following standard recipes.
- Ring drink orders into the computer immediately, collect money from guests for drinks served and make a change.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to maintain an attractive display in agreement with the restaurant standards.
- Wash and sterilize stemware.
- Be attentive! Offer your assistance before the guests has to ask for it.
- Count drinks Guests are served.
- Place current bar tabs in front of Guests at all times.
- Anticipate your guest’s needs. Follow the half-full rule when offering another drink. Be alert of guest signals (raising a hand, looking directly at you, etc.), and acknowledge the guest so they know you will be right with them.
- Learn your guests’ names, occupations, and favorite drinks. This will make the Restaurant a special place for them.
- Responsible service of alcohol. Should a guest reach the state you do not feel they should drive, we will supply a taxi. Do not hesitate to ask for management intervention if necessary.
- Other duties as directed.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The physical ability to walks and stand during entire shift.
- The physical ability to continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop, wipe and remain stationary for long periods of time.
- The physical ability to be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- You must be of legal age to serve liquor according to state law.
- Basic mathematical, reading and computer skills are required.
- The ability to handle money and give correct change is required.
- Basic knowledge of beer, wine and spirits, and must be familiar with standard drink recipes.
- The ability to multi task, excellent communication and organizational skills are required.
- Knowledge of the Restaurants food & beverage specifications.
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures.
- Licenses certification or registrations required for the position.
- State applicable health and/or alcohol compliance card.
The work that bartenders do is both physically and mentally demanding. They are on their feet much of the time. Bartenders must work well under pressure and exercise tact and patience when dealing with other employees and customers. Because the restaurant serves the public and is open on weekends and at night, Bartenders may work longer, irregular hours.The description of the physical demands and the work environment characteristics here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform and those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Bartenders must also have the physical ability to walk and stand during entire shift. The employee frequently is required to continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop, wipe and remain stationary for long periods of time. The employees must have the physical ability to be able to lift up to 35 lbs. Specific sensory abilities required by this job include sight, taste, smell, and hearing.
While performing the duties of this job, hazards may include but are not limited to, slipping and tripping. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.What We Offer: Competitive salaries, benefits and 401k
Energetic, focused and collaborative work environmentNO TELEPHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES. Only local candidates will be contacted; there is no relocation for this position. Immediate Opening.We Encourage a Diverse Workforce: Rapoport’s Restaurant Group believes that a diversified group of associates contributes to a culture of values, team spirit and company growth. We feel this helps us to adapt to and embrace the diverse cultures and beliefs of our customers and the communities in which we live, work and do business in. If you’re looking for a company that respects your unique merits, professionalism, and skills, we’d like to talk to you.We thank all that apply, but only those candidates who meet the position requirements will be contacted. RRG conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local employment discrimination laws. Apply in-person: (Monday through Friday from 11am – 4pm )Deck 84840 East Atlantic AveDelray Beach, FL 33483NO TELEPHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES. Only local candidates will be contacted; there is no relocation for this position. Immediate Opening.We are a Drug Free workplace and participant with E-verify.