Barback - Soho House New York
Soho House & Co.
New York , NY 10014
Posted 4 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Who We Are...
Soho House & Co is a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada and Europe, with new openings planned for all global regions, with the addition of Asia in 2019.
SEE HOW WE WORKHAVE FUNANDWHY WE STAY
Soho House New York is a converted warehouse in Manhattans Meatpacking District, 44 bedrooms of varying sizes, Drawing Room, Club Bar, Library, Pantry Bar, Restaurant, Screening Room, Rooftop with Swimming Pool, 44-seat Screening Room and Cowshed spa.
This position will be responsible for assisting the bartenders in providing quality service to all guests who come to Soho House. Supporting the management team as needed.
- Maintain all steps in the Customer Service program with each guest and employee you may come in contact with
- Respectfully entertain guests or members at the bar while following our Soho House Ethos
- Replenish paper goods (i.e., cups, napkins, etc.) at bars
- Act as a support liaison to the bartenders
- Assist bartenders in cleaning and maintaining bars, i.e. filling ice bins, etc
- Stock bars with alcoholic beverages including liquor, wine, beer, drink mixes
- Stock non-alcoholic beverages including soda, juices, and carbon dioxide at bars
- Stock liquor room with all supplies including liquor, beer, wine, dry goods, soda, etc
- Maintain cleanliness of liquor rooms, beer coolers, and bars including sweeping, mopping, take out the trash, etc
- Has an upbeat, energetic, authentic and professional attitude at all times
- Maintains effective communication with Bartenders before, after and during service
- Break bartenders
- Make change for guests
- Develops relationships with guests in order to provide personalized service
- Resolve guest complaints, handling all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible. Responds to guests requests in an accurate and timely manner, creating a positive outcome that will result in a memorable experience
- Run cashier register as needed
- Help with inventories
- Assure the proper handling of VIPs. Protect their privacy and confidentiality
- Ensuring compliance to all hotel policies and procedures at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Excellent phone skills, customer service oriented and proactive. Ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanour at all times.
- Is Friendly, engaging, gracious, has the ability to focus and connect with all guests at all levels and employees and exceed their expectations
- Participate in teamwork and assist other departments when needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager
- Passion for food & beverage
- Ability to work in a friendly relaxing demeanour with quick customer service
- Basic verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Flexible schedule
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Basset & Food Handler Certified
- Computer literacy to include: Micros
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the club to others
- Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift at least 40 pounds
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether youre seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Health Care + 401K: Full time employees are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick day's + vacation days
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career domestically or internationally as well as managerially or technically
- Soho Impact: Empowering the Soho House Community to make positive change, through mentoring, apprenticeship, local outreach and sustainability
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.