Boise , ID 83701
Posted 2 months ago
BOISE CENTRE is Idaho's premier convention center facility with 86,000 sq. ft. of exhibition and meeting space, and we are seeking Banquet Servers to join our team and the Boise Centre mission to WOW our guests with unforgettable experiences. Our team of passionate, creative professionals are devoted to excellence in food, service, amenities and venue management.
Check out recent You Tube video here!
Under the direction of the Food and Beverage Supervisor, the Banquet Server will serve food and beverages to guests according to Boise Centre standards.
The Big 5 Job Functions:
- Provides friendly and courteous customer service and responds to guests requests regarding food or service.
- Serves food and beverages to guests using proper rules of etiquette.
- Sets place settings according to Boise Centre standards.
- Cleans tables and banquet equipment following events.
- Works as a team player, sharing knowledge and skills.
Physical Requirements on the Job (must be able to perform physical requirements of this job with or without accommodation)
- Constantly requires walking, using hands and fingers, reaching with hands and arms, talking and hearing.
- Sufficient body mobility to walk, kneel, crouch, and bend.
- Frequently involves tasting and smelling.
- Ability to lift and balance trays with food on them.
- Ability to perform moderately heavy manual work.
- Involves regularly lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally requires climbing and ladder usage.
- Requires good short and long vision.
- Involves moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities.
- May occasionally require work in wet or humid conditions, near moving mechanical parts, in high places, near fumes and toxic chemicals and variable room temperatures.
- Exposure to moderate noise levels.
- Will be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
The ideal candidate will be able to work in a fast paced environment and provide excellent customer service.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a Junior or Senior high school education.
- Three months of related work experience.
- City of Boise Alcohol Server Certification - OR must be willing to Certification obtain upon hire.
$12.00 per hour
Additional benefits include but are not limited to:
- A collaborative culture and work environment
- Welcoming and supportive atmosphere
- Periodic team building activities
- Free sodas, coffee and tea for employees while on shift
- Depending on the event, meals may be provided
- Walking distance to Main Street Station, Boise's public transportation facility
Read what team members are saying they love about this job!
"Always changing, different, variety of work."
"Make great friends, exposure to influential people."
"Enjoy free food and occasional free merchandise."
"People here work hard but play hard - friendly and fun environment!"
"Need to be able to thrive in organized chaos, positive personality goes a long way!"
Employment with Boise Centre is subject to satisfactory completion of a background check.