Treat all co-workers with fairness, dignity, and respect.
Provide recognition of accomplishments and offer constructive counseling when necessary.
Ensure department associates are properly trained by certified trainers.
Ensure all company policies and procedures are followed as outlined.
Develop product knowledge in all areas of the Bakery department.
Use RF (Radio Frequency) unit as needed.
Retrieve and organize bakery product loads.
Assist in effectively ordering and maintaining inventory control to maximize sales and limit shrink issues.
Conduct performance appraisals on all department associates according to company standards.
Maintain effective work schedules to meet production and customer service standards as well as associates' personal needs.
Understand and use company tools such as; MPP, financial reports, scheduling, ordering and business information systems.
Ensure operational and merchandising standard practices are followed to maximize profitability, paying special attention to product rotation.
Maintain solid communication in the department and throughout the organization.
Observe and ensure compliance with company sanitation, safety, and food safety standards.
Understand the causes and means for resolving and limiting shrink.
Have total understanding of the department's standard practice manual.
Perform all other duties and projects as assigned by Store Manager.
Perform all other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
Foster a positive and inclusive environment to retain associates and customers.
Ensure the maintenance of the department's appearance and presentation.
Manage department operations in accordance with established department standard practices.
Hire, train and develop associates to meet the department needs.
Attain departmental financial objectives.
Supervise performance of all duties and responsibilities of all Bakery associates as assigned.
Role model outstanding friendly customer service.
Use good judgment in the delegation, assignment, and follow-up required for the efficient performance of the department.
Ensure the maintenance of accurate records of production, shrink, sales and inventory.
Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
A high school graduate or equivalent preferred.
Strong understanding of store operations and merchandising techniques preferred.
Desire and ability to lead and manage a team.
Effective communication, customer service, and selling skills.
Effective interpersonal and organizational skills.
Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
Ability to use technical information to solve problems.
Must meet minimum age requirements.
Must be accredited by the National Registry of Food Safety Professionals or similar accrediting organization as a "Certified Food Safety Manager" or will be required to attend company provided training and have the ability to achieve accreditation within the first 90 days of employment. Accreditation must be maintained while employed in a position requiring accreditation.
Ability to use computers and other communication systems required to perform the job functions.
Perform repetitive grasping, pinching, squeezing, and hand/arm motions while standing/walking the majority of the shift.
Lift up to 30 lbs. 40% of the time and up to 40 lbs. occasionally.
Reach to shoulder level or overhead on occasion while lifting up to 20 lbs. on occasion.
Tolerate working in extreme hot/cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time.
Use hands to operate controls, feel objects and use tools to prepare products.
Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials, and food products.
VIEW JOBS9/29/2020 12:00:00 AM2020-12-28T00:00Job Title: Part-time Bakery Sales Associate
Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Observe and follow all company policies and established procedures.
2.Maintain a neat and well-groomed personal appearance at all times and comply with personal appearance policy.
3.Assist in special projects and perform other functions as assigned by supervisor.
4.Assist in training other associates when assigned and certified.
5.Maintain solid communication in the department and throughout the organization.
6.Work within our company's management planning guidelines to maintain productivity.
7.Support company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards.
8.Treat all co-workers with fairness, dignity, and respect
9.Develop product knowledge in all areas of Bakery Department (rolls, desserts, cakes, muffins, bagels, coffees, platters, etc.).
10.Observe and maintain company's sanitation and food safety standards.
11.Prepare, proof, and bake product as assigned.
12.Perform all other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
1.Provide outstanding friendly customer service. Communicate with and assist customers in selection of product.
2.Package and display products according to standard practice and our automated production program, taking customer demands into consideration.
3.Retrieve and organize bakery product loads.
4.Perform assigned tasks such as replenishing merchandise, preparation of products or setting up displays, etc.
5.Process merchandise properly, paying special attention to rotation of products according to prescribed standards.
6.Maintain accurate, neat records of production, shrink, sales and inventory.
7.Wash, clean, and sanitize equipment in accordance with company guidelines.
8.May be required to frost, base ice, and decorate all varieties of cakes. Personalize when necessary.
9.Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Requirements Physical Requirements:
1.Perform repetitive grasping, pinching, squeezing, and hand/arm motions while standing/walking the majority of the shift.
2.Lift up to 30 lbs. 40% of the time and up to 40 lbs. occasionally.
3.Reach to shoulder level or overhead on occasion while lifting up to 20 lbs. on occasion.
4.Tolerate working in extreme hot/cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time.
5.Use their hands to operate controls and feel objects, and use tools to prepare products.
6.Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials, and food products.
Effective communication, customer service, and selling skills.
Effective interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team environment. Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
Must meet minimum age requirements to perform specific job functions.
Apply On-lineDelhaize AmericaWaldenNY
VIEW JOBS10/22/2019 12:00:00 AM2020-01-20T00:00Job Title: Assistant Bakery Sales Manager
Reports To: Bakery Sales Manager
Effectively assist in the management of department operations to meet financial and sales goals. Build associate and customer relations and promote a strong in support of Hannaford Strategy.
Essential Job Functions:
* In the absence of the department manager, manage the department operations in accordance with established department standard practices.
* Role model outstanding, friendly customer service and use skills and knowledge to offer solutions that meet or exceed customers' expectations.
* Assist in growing sales through effective merchandising strategies.
* Assist in hiring, training and developing associates to meet the department needs.
* Assist in managing performance through planning, coaching and disciplinary efforts.
* Ensure that department conditions involving department appearance, quality, variety, safety, and food safety are consistently maintained at the highest level.
* Maintain effective work schedules to meet production and customer service standards as well as associates' personal needs.
* Actively recognize associates who deliver great service and coach associates to expectations when necessary.
* Understand and use company tools such as; financial reports, scheduling, productivity, ordering, and business information systems.
* Maintain accurate records of production, shrink, sales, and inventory.
* Assist in communicating department and company policies to associates.
* Perform various department functions as needed to meet production and customer service guidelines.
* Assist in special projects.
* Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
* Receive, store, process and merchandise all products in accordance with established department guidelines. Requirements Qualifications:
A high school graduate or equivalent preferred. Strong understanding of store operations and merchandising techniques preferred. Effective communication, customer service, and selling skills. Must have effective interpersonal and organizational skills. Desire and ability to lead and manage a team. Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job. Strong problem solving skills. Must meet minimum age requirements.
1. Ability to use computers and other communication systems required to perform the job
2. Stand and walk 100% of the time.
3. Lift up to 30 lbs. 40% of the time and up to 40 lbs. occasionally.
4. Reach to Shoulder level or overhead on occasion while lifting 20 lbs.
5. Frequent bending, reaching, grasping, and lifting items at or above waist level.
6. Tolerate working in extreme hot/cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time.
7. Use hands to operate controls, feel objects and use variance appliances and tools to
open and prepare products.
8. Handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials,
and food products.
9. Meet volume activity standards established for the department. Apply On-lineDelhaize AmericaWaldenNY
VIEW JOBS2/13/2020 12:00:00 AM2020-05-13T00:00We are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire the best people.
We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently hiring an Angry Orchard Cidery Retail and Tap Room Assistant Manager in Walden, NY.
The Angry Orchard Cidery Retail and Tap Room Assistant Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Cidery Retail Shop and Tap Room Front of House. They are responsible for ensuring sound operations at the Cidery, which includes but is not limited to; proper staffing and scheduling, a strong understanding of Cidery COGS and inventory procedures, reporting, recurring events, safety and driving sales. This position manages all retail operations functions including draft and packaged cider and merchandise sales to maximize retail potential as well as working with a team to execute Cidery programs. Finally, this position is also responsible in overseeing the culture, hospitality, craft credibility, customer service, and creativity in Front-of-House operations at the Angry Orchard Cidery.
Cidery Retail and Tap Room Operations:
* Responsible for managing the Cider-tender and Barback Team, including hiring, scheduling, payroll operations, career development, on-boarding, delegating assignments, creating and driving sales goals and incentives, and regular communications across the team.
* Responsible for oversight of tip reporting, payroll and adhering to all New York State employment laws.
* Works closely with Cidery Operation Specialist on maintaining proper cider inventory levels in the Shop and Tap Room, seasonal menu forecasts, financial operations, and proper reporting.
* Cost of goods/Financials:
* Assists General Manager in weekly reporting for Cidery retail sales (Flash Report).
* Actively participates in the Annual Business Plan - forecasting, Shop and Tap Room plans, inventory, staffing needs. Responsible for building, presenting and driving the Annual Business Plan for the retail/taproom operations (working in conjunction with GM).
* Responsible for weekly, monthly and daily labor costs - creates schedules, adjusts shifts and puts in requests for adds to staff based on business needs and trends.
* Responsible for driving sales through Tap Room and Cidery Ambassador team.
* Manages Retail Specialist ensuring orders are placed in line with the business needs
* Ensures accurate inventory counts - weekly and/or monthly based on area of responsibility
* Drives retail and FOH team towards sales goals and communicates progress
* Manages Assistant Taproom Manager and delegates tasks effectively
* Oversees Cider-tenders and PT staff
* When the General Manager is not on site, acts as the Senior Team leader and decision maker.
* Ensures Daily/Weekly Checklists are up to date and being adhered to by all relevant team members. This includes Opening/Closing Checklist, Daily work checklist and deep cleaning.
* In conjunction with the Program and Tours Manager, enforces compliance and adherence to all employment policies within the Cidery's Lead's area of responsibility.
* Partakes in oral and written discipline. Leads corrective action/disciplinary conversation with Cidery employees and conducts terminations as needed.
* Training and Development:
* Manages Taproom position training - cider-tenders, security, retail, bar backs, etc.
* Tasked with ensuring that New-Hire Training Program is completed for all-new hires in full.
* Works with Cider Makers and General Manger to continuously develop and create an exceptional Tap Room & Cider Garden experience for the Cidery guests.
* Assists Program and Tour Center Manager with development of Tour Leads, Cidery Ambassadors, Senior Cidery Ambassadors and all hourly employees.
* Partners with Program and Tour Manager to ensure all Cidery employees have completed assigned safety training as mapped out by the EHS team/Local Taprooms/Boston Beer.
* Manages the maintenance and cleanliness of the Tap Room, Shop, and Cider Garden.
* Works with Cidery Lead Security and contracted security to ensure only guests of legal age are consuming and all local laws and Boston Beer guidelines are adhered to.
* Coordinates with Lead Security on security needs through peak and non-peak season
* Partners with Program and Tour Manager to offer BBC sales team and other internal customers VIP experiences
* Works with the Marketing Specialist to execute local and in-house events for the Cidery.
* Partners with the Marketing Specialist to provide photo's, stories, etc. for Social Media, & brand awareness.
* participates in weekly marketing meetings generate concepts, coordinate the setup and manage the execution of Cidery Tap Room events.
* Acting as the lead with FOH management to run point on events.
* Exudes culture, creativity and fun on every shift by following the BBC Values and Operating guidelines.
* Bachelor's Degree
* 3 years in retail/restaurant management
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Ability to work in an organized, detail-oriented manner
* Ability to work in a fast-paced multi-task environment and under time constraints and deadlines
* Experience in the craft beer industry
Our people are our most important "ingredient." We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there's the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran's Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact email@example.com for assistance.
The Boston Beer Company, Inc.WaldenNY