Redner's Markets Inc.
Norristown , PA 19401
Posted 10 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
POSITION TITLE: Bakery Manager
REPORTS TO: Store Director/Bakery Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
To direct and supervise all functions of the bakery department. Responsible for the overall direction and leadership of the department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for following merchandising plans for the department.
- Responsible for ordering to maintain inventory control and ensure freshness and product quality.
- Responsible to order and maintain asset control of commercial bread while ensuring freshness and product quality (specifically Stroehman, Maier's, and private label.)
- Enforce and follow all policies regarding receiving, dating, and restocking to ensure product rotation.
- Participate in shrink control.
- Effectively schedule and supervise department employees.
- Maintain and ensure compliance with company policies related to safety and sanitation.
- Maintain and submit required records and reports.
- Monitor product quality and freshness
- Maintain and ensure compliance with local, state, and government weights and measures and health department regulations.
- Oversee the baking and general production of the department.
- Oversee the training of new bakery department employees.
- Greet customers and provide prompt and courteous service.
14 ) Promote and maintain positive employee relations.
- Maintain budgeted percentages related to sales distribution, labor control, and shrink control.
- Must be capable of decorating cakes.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist with the unloading of merchandise.
- Monitor supply inventory to minimize out of stocks.
- Filling and merchandising of entire sales area.
- Participate in general cleaning and housekeeping in the department.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must have math skills at a level that would enable accurate counting of merchandise.
- Must have strong communications skills.
- Must have dexterity of hands to enable bagging and packaging of products.
- Must be able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds up to fifty percent (50%) of the time.