Highrise, Inc. (#Me - YC S18)
Durham , NC 27701
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Join a small, productive team to build a leading consumer mobile product merging gaming and social networking.
What will you be doing?
- Work with the development and design teams to identify features.
- Implement features and resolve issues in our backend. Built in Python, but also using Go, Ruby and Scala.
What do you know?
- You have a pragmatic understanding of Computer Science and Engineering: Algorithms, databases, and networking.
- You have a good understanding of backend software patterns and requirements.
Who are you?
- Lifelong Learner: Youre eager to learn new things - new languages, new technologies and new hobbies.
- Humble: You leave your ego at the door, allowing you to effectively give and receive feedback.
- Open-minded: You seek to explore all solutions because you want to find the correct solution to the problem at hand.
- A problem solver: When you see a problem, you try to fix it. You dont leave it for someone else to fix later.
- Passionate: You love the work you do, sometimes working on personal engineering projects or reading relevant material on the side.
Bonus/Nice to Have
- Wed love to see any personal projects you worked on.
- A passion for gaming and technology.
Who are we?
#ME is a social platform where over 3 million users create avatars, chat, play casual games and make new friends, think Snapchat meets Ready Player One. Were backed by Y Combinator (S18) and some of the biggest names in gaming and consumer social to build the next billion-user consumer app.