Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
AWS Windows Engineer
Baltimore , MD 21201
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Join our team of AWS Consultants and work on dynamic long-term projects. The majority of our team members are long-term employees who enjoy consistent work and a collaborative team approach!
- Responsible for designing, building and supporting a secure cloud platform and windows instances based on industry standards, best practices and guidelines.
- Determine technical standards and specifications and lead the design, build and support of shared services cloud platform components.
- Providing professional support services and/or the integration of their respective products.
- Implement the products based on best Practices.
- Review the current architectural landscape and make appropriate recommendations.
- Must be able to compare various solutions and determine the one which best fits the need.
- Designs, develops and maintains windows based instances and backend applications.
- Deploy and maintain web application technologies and middleware solutions on windows based instances.
- Researches new technologies and products for their applicability to business processes.
- Provides tier 1 and tier 2 support for the platform.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- This position requires a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in System administration and development experience.
- At least file (4) years of experience working with design and implementation of systems and applications at Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Sets up administrator and service accounts and troubleshoot creates/updates and Maintains system documentation, interacts with users and evaluates vendor products, deep understanding of monitoring AWS instances and services.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform capabilities and best practices architectures, and engineering solutions within multiple Cloud accounts and services.
- Experience working in AWS via the CLI and management console. Knowledge and experience architecting and configuring Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs).
- Experience working with administrator and service accounts and troubleshoot Creates/updates and Maintains system documentation, interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Operations for firewalls, routers and switches and the ability to formulate access control lists (ACLs) via the Command Line Interface (CLI).
- Strong knowledge of software evaluation principles and practices.
- Development and implementation of vulnerability remediation strategies. Configuration and execution of vulnerability and web application scans. Customization compliance scans to meet agency established baselines.
- Experience with automating server configuration for security including logging, key changes, and system hardening.
- Experience writing process requirements, technical design documents, and standard operating procedures.
- Experience collaborating with cross functional global and remote teams with diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrating good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Experience planning and implementing secure networking practices such as: application segmentation, network segmentation, NAC and other access control testing/validation, updating access control SOPs.
- Understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Well Architected Framework.
- 4 years of experience with design and implementation of systems and applications at Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- 3 years of experience with Ansible, Ansible Tower experience is preferred.
- 5 years of experience working with Windows servers: Design, Configuration, and Administration of Windows 2016. Knowledge of Active Directory, including Group Policies.
- 3+ Experience working with Windows AMI is preferred.
- Must have solid hands-on experience in Administering Microsoft Active Directory, Domain Controllers, and certificate management capabilities.
- Knowledge of system management tools and utilities
High level scripting skills: Windows/Python/Ruby Expert knowledge of network routing and switching fundamentals to include knowledge of Multiprotocol Layer Switching (MPLS).
For more than 20 years, Moser Consulting has been the go-to source for exceptional IT talent with the ability to self-manage. At Moser Consulting, our people are our #1 asset. We hire the best people, welcome them like family, connect them with opportunities, and let them do what they do best: produce innovative solutions to technology problems.
Our culture gives us a competitive advantage by keeping our employees happy, healthy, and by lowering stress levels in a very demanding industry. It is no accident that we are recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Indiana. We focus on giving employees: an incredible work space; a fun, collaborative, and creative atmosphere; an extremely generous compensation package; and dozens of outstanding and unique perks usually not found at one company.
Moser Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.
All candidates need to be of US Citizenship or Green Card holder.
Please NO 3rd parties or vendors.