AWS & Saas Security Engineer - Remote
Jacksonville , FL
Posted 5 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The AWS & SaaS Security Engineer position is a part of the Information Security Office team and responsible for support Information Security Configuration Management, Cloud/Application Security, Business Continuity Planning, and Information Security Architecture & Consulting areas of Information Security program. This is a hands-on position that works closely with Information Security team members on continues design, assessment and hardening of companys information security posture, maturity level and risk assessments. Acts as a liaison to Technology teams regarding information security cloud and applications configuration, posture assessment and verification. Prepares analyses, metrics, Key Performances Indicators (KRIs) and evaluations to ensure compliance with companys policies, standards, and regulations.
Option of remote work for well qualified candidate.
Information Security Configuration Management:
- Supports Information Security Office to maintaining and enhancing the security posture of the companys cloud, network and applications environment.
- Support with the implementation of secure baseline configurations, incorporates secure configuration settings for Information Security and IT product and services.
- Monitors and maintains information security tools and solutions for effective operation, peak performance and orchestration of the posture.
- Ensures information security standards, procedures and guidelines in compliance with required regulations.
- Identifies opportunities to improve network, application, and cloud security through the implementation of secure frameworks, establishments of standards, procedures, and guidelines.
- Works closely with Technology teams to analyze the current network, applications, and cloud Information security posture to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solution for improvements.
- Reports metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) requirements for security applications, tools, and services.
- Support implementation of static and dynamic application security testing and mitigation.
- Documents necessary network, applications and cloud security design including project postmortem documentation and metrics collection and reporting.
- Works with Technology teams to resolve security related issues with network applications, and cloud during implementation and ongoing support.
Business Continuity Planning (BCP)
- Works closely with Technology teams to analyze and document BCP for network, applications, databases and cloud services and to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solution for improvements.
- Performs analysis, provide and execute of BCP requirements company-wide and contributes to design, integration, and tune-up.
- Plan and execute BCP testing of critical applications and service on the annual basis.
Information Security Architecture & Consulting:
- Performs analysis of information security architecture needs and contributes to design, integration, and tune-up of required hardware and software.
- Identifies and defines initial information security design and architecture requirements and ensure implementation and verification throughout the life cycle of network, applications and cloud projects and services.
- Provides consulting services across the organization and assists in defining information security network, applications, and cloud requirements.
- Assists developing training material that covers organizational policies, procedures, tools, artifacts, and monitoring requirements.
- Document information security processes, data. workflow, keep current all diagrams and procedure.
- Participates in incident response and vulnerability remediation efforts.
- Participates in on-call rotational duties with other team members.
- Regular, reliable attendance is required.
- Other duties and responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, MIS or related technical field or equivalent related work experience.
- 3 5 years of experience in security configuration of AWS cloud, applications, and network infrastructure.
- Experience with cloud, network, application, and endpoint hardening and compliance.
- Cloud security certification preferred (AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, AWS Architect, CCSP)
- Experience with Common Secure Configurations (i.e., CIS, ISO 27001) and other industry security checklists / benchmarks.
- Experience in assessing the risk of a proposed solution, escalating appropriately and driving to closure.
- Technical knowledge of cloud engineering, networking and SaaS applications security architecture.
- Demonstrated proficiency with various cloud-based security applications and tools.
- Extensive knowledge of networking protocols and security implications.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate with and work effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Exhibits the ability to explain complex technical security issues in laymans terms to peers and management.
- Ability to independently function efficiently and effectively under demanding and continual deadlines while maintaining a professional demeanor; excellent time and stress management skills.
- High level of written and oral comprehension, articulating complex ideas clearly and communicating effectively.
- Mental capacity to evaluate, calculate and interpret complex information and situations simultaneously.
- Ability to learn new processes and ideas.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and handle multiple priorities while maintaining a high level of service to customers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and seek to foster community, inclusion and diversity within the organization. We encourage all qualified candidates, regardless of racial, religious, sexual or gender identity, to apply. #LI-Remote