AWS Engineer (0040)
Next Phase Solutions And Services
Columbia , MD 21044
Posted 2 weeks ago
AWS Engineer Solution Architect III - IV (0040)
You Love learning new technologies and sharing them with your team! You are passionate about working on cutting edge; high profile projects and are motivated by delivering solutions on an aggressive schedule!
As an AWS Engineer, you will be a member of a team of highly motivated and talented team of systems developers and systems engineers helping to shape the future of support technologies both within isolated AWS regions and in the AWS public regions.
This role is for an AWS Engineer, with advanced AWS design and development skills, to help build cloud-based applications, troubleshoot performance issues, and build quick turnaround applications for demos.
Diving deeper into the role, on a day-to-day basis you will help with application design and guide development teams as they implement architectures. You will apply critical thinking skills and provide innovative solutions to delivery teams.
We are looking for a critical thinker who can create pragmatic, yet innovative solutions by taking the complex and decomposing it into manageable chunks. You will design and architecture cloud-based solutions for Next Phases customers.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in relevant technologies, with hands-on experience setting up cloud-based infrastructure and supporting application design and development
- Hands-on experience solving complex business requirements using cloud-based infrastructure
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in Agile/Scrum or related collaborative workflow
- Minimum of 3 years experience with distributed operational health and performance monitoring systems
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Linux operating system configuration and networking
- Expertise in Cloud infrastructure and services on AWS, GCP and/or Azure (with expert level knowledge of at least one cloud...AWS experience - highly desirable)
- Hands-on architecture and design experience
- Verifiable project experience of having set up Kubernetes Containerization, Orchestration, Pod configuration, Kubernetes API Objects, Federated Deployments, setting and creation of Custom Resources, etc. and large-scale distributed systems
- CI/CD using Automation Tools (Cloudbees Jenkins preferred )
- Experience of working Terraform, Git, and Python
- Familiarity with compliance & security standards across the enterprise IT landscape, particularly in the Federal arena
- Strong collaboration skills with stakeholders to test build releases and ensure builds provide a consistent core foundation for hosting government and commercial applications
- Demonstrated experience with one or more of the following: Docker Swarm, DC/OS, Cloud Foundry, OpenStack, CloudStack
- A degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- AWS and Google certifications in relevant cloud technologies
- Experience in Open source development
- Understanding of infrastructure architecture, including networks, server virtualization and storage technologies
- Certification such as CKA (Certified Kubernetes Administrator)
- Experience with frameworks like Helm and Rancher is a plus
- You are an active open source advocate and cloud-native community lover
- You love to code and contribute your work to the Kubernetes community
- Experience with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins, GitLab
- Experience in working with Git and implementing its different features at an enterprise level
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Terraform, Chef, Ansible or similar
- Ability to develop automation to standardize and secure cloud services such as server operating system builds--including Red Hat Linux and Centos, etc.-- to ensure compliance with enterprise standards and security policy
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch and operations of the project
- Preferred: Experience supporting government customer
We are currently unable to sponsor Visa candidates. Must be US Citizen or green card holder with ability to obtain a public trust clearance. Relocation is not available. (TELEWORK UNTIL COVID-19 CRISIS ENDS)
ABOUT NEXT PHASE SOLUTIONS AND SERVICES, INC.
Innovation. Its What Defines Us.
Next Phase provides insights and solutions for healthcare, engineering and science research. Next Phase commits to creating an environment where our employees achieve their full potential, increase their productivity, and expand their professional and personal horizons. We look for bright, innovative people that achieve results, understand the importance of being a productive and supportive team member, and put the customers satisfaction first. Next Phase leadership is looking for new leaders, scientific and technical subject matter experts, and technically savvy people that are interested in putting forth the effort and commitment needed to grow our company.
Will you join us to share in the success?
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Benefits include, but not limited to:
HEALTH AND WELLNESS BENEFITS
- Medical Insurance (three healthcare plans to choose from), Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
PERSONAL INSURANCE BENEFITS
- Company-paid Life Insurance and AD&D coverage
- Company-paid Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Competitive paid-time-off programs
- 401K plan with employer matching contribution
- Profit sharing
- Company-sponsored professional development activities and professional dues/subscriptions reimbursement