VIEW JOBS10/24/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-01-22T00:00At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
VMware Cloud on AWS SE Role:
As a member of the VMware Cloud on AWS Systems Engineering team you will help customers to understand their business challenges and IT priorities in an effort to design cloud solutions that will transform the way they deliver IT services.
This team's primary responsibility is to work with customers, however there will be a strong linkage to VMware's Cloud partner ecosystem. Together, we will design & prove out transformational strategies spanning private, hybrid or public cloud architectures for our customers. We are expected to contribute to those strategies, develop reusable domain IP, and mentor internal & external partners on the use of the tools & technologies.
We are seeking an individual who has a real passion for technology - someone with social intelligence, enthusiasm and a collaborative ambitious mentality with a 'can do' attitude. Someone who can demonstrate integrity and independence yet have a huge desire to give back to your team. This is a highly visible role, at the forefront of VMware's strategy, working in a highly collaborative and fast-growing environment.
VMware Cloud on AWS SE Responsibilities:
Working as part of a dynamic and specialized sales team, you will hold responsibility for technical engagements, while maintaining a laser-focus on client success. While the opportunities to contribute to the success of the team are vast, the fundamental responsibilities of your role will include:
* Crafting a customized VMware Cloud on AWS solution through activities such as running strategy & discovery workshops
* Deeply understanding our customers needs by engaging in client interviews, conducting secondary research and soliciting guidance from VMware Account Team
* Working with product specialists, product managers, public cloud partners, and other stakeholders to create the best solution to fit the customer's cloud architecture.
* Partnering with customers to become a trusted advisor on their Digital Transformation journey
As a Cloud Specialist SE you should have excellent listening and discovery skills, strong interpersonal skills, ability to solve complex problems, be a big picture thinker and be able to visualize and articulate the proposed solution. With a clear and agreed upon client vision, you will be responsible for crafting the solution to realize the customer vision during the sales process and retain client ownership through to implementation.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
* Build robust cloud solutions, meeting business & technical objectives
* You will present VMware's holistic cloud strategy and integrated vision across private, hybrid and public offerings
* Ability to develop Vision, Strategy and Roadmaps deliverables to meet technical solutions
* Ability to think past the products and craft solutions to meet the business/IT needs
* You will establish credibility & build deep relationships with senior technical leaders within customers and become trusted advocates of VMware's cloud strategy
* Lead technical validation of the VMware Cloud on AWS solution against business/IT needs
* Participate in deep architectural discussions with enterprise customers and VMware cloud partners to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new and migrating existing applications, software and services on VMware's cloud platform.
* You will work within a team to drive account planning with the customer vision, use case and outcomes
* Effectively communicate solutions architecture to the customer, third parties and the project teams
* You will participate in regional marketing events to promote VMware's cloud strategy
* Author blogs, technical articles or white paper based on experiences
* You will provide feedback to Product Management based on customer feedback
* Be flexible to travel, both locally and internationally.
We are looking for people who love to win, have strong social skills and an inquiring mind. The ideal candidate will:
* Have a mix of technical skills, business insight, and a passion to lead and support the customer is required.
* Will take the role of a lead technologist and should bring deep understanding of technology, industry architectures and vertical market use- cases to the table.
* Will have domain level understanding of cloud infrastructures including compute, network and storage as well as cloud management areas
* such as automation, operations management, orchestration, and DevOps.
* Have a Deep knowledge of next generation application & cloud platforms including but not limited to: Containers, Amazon Web Services, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF),
* IBM Softlayer, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc. is a huge plus.
This position is eligible for the JoinVMWCloudonAWS referral campaign
VIEW JOBS10/17/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-01-15T00:00We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence Cloud Solution Architect to drive high priority customer initiatives on the Microsoft Azure Platform in collaboration with customers and the Microsoft field in strategic accounts segment of our business. This is a customer facing role, owning overall technical relationship between customer and Microsoft Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence Platform.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Knowledge and Skills:
* Technical Degree: min of Bachelors in Computer Science or adjacent fields
* Deep understanding of Microsoft AI and data platform technologies, BI technologies, with the technical aptitude and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trends
* Breadth of technical experience and knowledge, with depth in two or more of the following areas: Business Intelligence, Big Data, Data Governance, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
* 3+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects) required
* Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives and growing data services in large or highly strategic accounts
* Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
* Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management and developers)
* Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company such as Amazon, Google, SalesForce, VMware, Google, IBM, Avanade, T-Systems, Wipro, CSC, HP, Infosys, ServiceNow, Dell, TCS
* Travel required: 0-30%
* Re-location would be accommodated for qualified candidates
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions. Position specifics, including hiring team, location and position details, will be determined during the interview process. The job description should make clear the job responsibilities and required qualifications.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
You will own the Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence technical customer engagements including: architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or Pilots. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers to drive Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence solutions.
Key responsibilities include:
* Understand customers' overall data estate, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions (Microsoft and 3rd party solutions) using advanced analytics and artificial intelligence
* Apply technical knowledge to architect solutions that meet business and IT needs, create AA/AI roadmaps, and ensure long term technical viability of new deployments, infusing key analytics and AI technologies where appropriate (e.g. Azure ML, ML Server, BOT framework, Cognitive Services, Azure Databricks, etc.)
* Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
* Maintain and advance deep technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights, and share within the technical community
* Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with Engineering team to remove key blockers
* Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities
* Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners
VIEW JOBS11/12/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-10T00:00Position Summary
The Enterprise Solution Architect is a key member of the Professional Services team responsible for the design and architecture of Zuora solutions. The position requires strong consulting skills with the ability to effectively command a room. The Solution Architect plays a lead role during the implementation identifying and documenting client business requirements, mapping and configuring the Zuora solution to meet the requirements, and providing guidance to the client to achieve a successful implementation. They must identify potential issues and risks early in an implementation to develop mitigation strategies and contingency plans. A solid candidate will have an innate ability to simplify complex technology concepts and to plan, prioritize and seamlessly integrate all moving parts to deploy successful solutions.
Design and validate that the proposed solution architecture supports the stated and implied business requirements.
Review technical team deliverables for compliance with architecture standards, guidelines and leverages best practices.
Articulate and present different point of views on various technologies.
Present Architecture deliverables such as Ecosystem and Integration diagrams, ERD, Business Process Flows, Swimlanes, Visios and Mockups.
Exhibit strong executive presence and ability to interact with key project sponsors.
Must have at least 10 years enterprise level experience, within a professional services organization, as a Solution Architect and/or Senior Business Consultant with a leading technology consulting company, delivering moderate to complex ERP, billing and/or salesforce.com solutions (Force.com platform a plus).
Master of Science in Computer Science or in Business preferred.
Demonstrated leadership abilities to lead business discussions with customers and architect the value of our solution and the best practices to implement it.
Experience in requirements gathering, use cases documentation, business analysis, systems design and integration, user interface design and implementation.
Experience in data analysis, conversion and migration, interfaces and reports.
Experience with gap analysis and blueprint development.
Experience with system design using configuration and/or customization, integration, testing and support.
Experience in delivering end to end solutions through the entire SDLC - right from running the client facing workshops, design, build, test, deployment, UAT and handover.
Experience in Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
Must be a strong team player with excellent communication skills at the business and technical level, able to collaborate as part of a team to deliver exceptional customer results in a rapid paced implementation environment.
Experience managing tasks on multiple projects simultaneously.
Able to travel up to 40% of the time.
Zuora is a SaaS company and the world's foremost evangelist of the Subscription Economy®. Zuora's leading subscription relationship management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, open new revenue streams, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage. Zuora serves more than 800 companies around the world in every industry. The Subscription Economy Index (SEI) demonstrates that SEI companies are growing revenues approximately nine times faster than the S&P 500. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney and Tokyo.