Role: AWS Architect Location: Birmingham, AL Duration: 6+ month Client: BBVA/Compass Bank Only W2 Top Three
AWS Architecture experience -- architecture experience in an enterprise (Fortune 500 environment) is a must. The candidate will be responsible for designing the most optimal architecture for this entire effort. This person will be a coach/mentor to the DevOps and Full-Stack developers who will be joining the team on the application level/architectural nuances Additionally, an AWS certified Solution Architect (Associate or Developer) would be a plus.
The Architect will need to be able to write proof-of-concepts with regards to applications and code. For example, the architect will leverage AWS services to prove the hypothesis that leveraging a particular AWS service is right for the effort. For example, they'll write code in Java or Python to create a proof-of-concept that leverages AWS technologies to figure out whether they use CodeStar or CodePipeline or Amazon SQS for example.
Documentation skills -- Primary output of EA team is going to be around documenting artifacts that align technical best practices with BBVA's business objectives. They'll create documentation for the AWS architecture and the Current/on-prem architecture. They'll create TOGAF documents and Archimate models.
Job Description: We are looking for an AWS Technical Architect. The Architect will be one of the initial hires for a team of 12 resources and will report to the Lead Architect, which is a TEKsystems current. The technical architect will be responsible for Cloud Governance; i.e. building the governance and related engineering artifacts for our primary purpose, which is to establish a center of excellence for all AWS patterns and practices. The architect will be responsible for writing proof of concepts, documentation, and conducting some coaching of the software engineers on application-level architectural nuances.
VIEW JOBS1/16/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-16T00:00Overview
With nearly 90 years' experience, Holland knows how to take care of our customers while providing a solid work environment for our employees. Discipline to its core values of Hard Work, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Safety has allowed Holland to grow into a company with over 8,000 employees and more than $1 Billion in annual revenue, while being honored as a Quest for Quality award winner for 30 consecutive years! With a track record of long term employees, Holland offers more than a job, we offer the opportunity for a career. Come discover your direction with Holland and join the recognized leader of next-day delivery in the less-than-truckload industry!
Holland, Inc. a recognized leader in the LTL industry is in search of a Part Time Weight and Inspection Coordinator for our Birmingham AL terminal. The Weight and Inspection Coordinator develops or improves systems, procedures and methods of proper freight classification and shipment weight to ensure consistent standards are applied.
M-F - 4:30 pm -9:00 pm
$17-$19 per hour
* Coordinate all W & I activity in the revenue management to improve the W & I program and achieve annual goals.
* Assist in the development of W & I goals.
* Develop effective W & I approach to maximize employee experience and involvement to facilitate in the identification of suspect shipments.
* Develop approach for effective reinforcement of W & I activities.
* Coordinate freight-type studies and density studies to assist in rating accuracy.
* Investigate W & I protest. Demonstrate sensitivity to the implications of W & I corrections on external customer.
High School Diploma or equivalentEffective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.Planning, organization, attention to detail and follow-up skills required.
Two - three years' experience in Revenue Research, operations or sales preferred.One - two year's supervisory experience preferred.Experience in the trucking industry.Knowledge of the National Master Freight Classification.
Requires occasional work in adverse weather conditions including, cold, excessive heat, rain, and snow. Not necessarily protected from temperature changes.
Holland, a part of YRC Worldwide, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
VIEW JOBS1/10/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-10T00:00KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Minimum typing skills of 35 wpm
* Demonstrated working knowledge of software/system/equipment/PCs.
* Knowledge of function and relationships within a hospital environment preferred
* Advance Customer service skills and experience
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment
* Ability to receive and express detailed information through oral and written communications
* Course in Medical Terminology required
* Advanced Understanding of Third Party Payor requirements preferred
* Advanced Understanding of Compliance standards preferred
* Advanced Patient Liability Collection performance and high achievement in productivity.
* Must be able to perform essential job duties in at least three Patient Access service areas including ED
* Uses proper negotiation techniques to professionally collect money owed by our Patients/Guarantors.
* Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with both internal and external Clients that lead to more effective communication and a higher level of productivity and accuracy.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
* High School Diploma or GED required
* 2-4 years of experience in medical facility, health insurance, or related area.
* 2 years in Patient Access preferred.
* Some college coursework is preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must be able to sit at computer terminal for extended periods of time
* Occasionally lift/carry items weighing up to 25 lbs.
* Frequent prolonged standing, sitting, and walking
* Occasionally push a wheelchair to assist patients with mobility problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Hospital administration
* Can work in patient care locations which include potential exposure to life-threatening patient conditions.
* Must be available to work hours and days as needed based on departmental/system demands.
* Resolves Physician's office and Patient issues. May experience extreme patient volumes and uncooperative Patients.
Patient AccessTenet Healthcare CorporationBirminghamAL
VIEW JOBS1/5/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-05T00:00You're serious about your career, and rest assured you've come to the right place. At a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100 dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
* The Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. S/he also will oversee the work of any apprentice technician assigned to him/her.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Receive repair orders from dispatcher and take to stall area.
* Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
* Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
* Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
* Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
* Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
* Notify service advisor immediately if additional work outlined is not needed or required.
* Notify service advisor immediately if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
* Document work performed.
* Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician, keeping in mind that the customer vehicle should not be used for personal errands.
* Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
* Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
* Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
* Ensure that customers' cars are kept clean.
* Keep shop area neat, clean, and be able to account for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
* Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
* Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
* High CSI is a must.
* ASE or manufacturing training.
* High school diploma or the equivalent.
* Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
* Manual dexterity.
* Good Judgment.
* All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
* All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner.
* All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, and valid driver license.
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.
Sonic Automotive, Inc.BirminghamAL