Collect data, prepare documents, support research projects, and provide sustainment support as part of the A-10 avionics integration effort in support of the 309th Software Maintenance Group.
Provide software sustainment support for OTP, IFFCC, IEPU, OFP, TEMS/ADR, WINTASS, RTEDV, OTPs Offline Help, ASIST, SADL, MAC, and SMAP
Support engineer program development and modifications by working with other personnel (engineers, equipment specialists, Program Managers, etc.) and developing brief information
Resolve configuration issues by collecting data, reviewing for conflicts with other subsystems, supporting integration and planning of modifications, evaluating aircraft system information, and determining problem areas
Design interface modifications and on-board software; analyze electrical and software interfaces; verify and validate on-aircraft designs; coordinate deliveries and schedules; provide support to OSS&E, IA, and Airworthiness; and document changes
Prepare engineering studies, assemble data, coordinate with engineers, and support document finalization
Design mechanical systems/components for installation of on-aircraft avionics modifications, electrical interfaces, wiring, matrix assemblies, and power panels
Prepare documentation and drawings to create technical data packages and kits and support trail installations, engineering proofs of concept, kit proofing, validation, and verification
Control changes using the ECP process, ensure accomplishment of risk assessment/management, support the PAR CCB, conduct data reviews of WITs and DRs, and take action to resolve problems
Support special research projects
Receive tasks (including technical documentation, process, system requirements derivation, engineering design, resource coordination, and integration) through a Government task scheduling system
Review and author technical source data, provide page and graphics count estimates, and author and review required technical data package changes
Assist in the implementation of TOs and technical data
Perform lab qualification testing
Other duties as assigned
Education/Training (both required and desired):
Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or closely related field
2+ years of professional experience in software development, which may include the following:
XML, HTML, Java Script, Perl, ASP, and/or similar scripting languages
Windows, Linux, Unix, Solaris, VMS, RTOS and/or other operating systems
LabView, ADA, C, C++, .Net technology, Java, Fortran, Assembly, Jovial, Visual Basic, and/or other programming languages
MIL-STD-1553B Bus Monitor functions and Communication,
VIEW JOBS1/15/2021 12:00:00 AM2021-04-15T00:00* Duties
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is to develop, integrate and automate sustaining engineering processes related to the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System (FRACAS), Joint Technical Data (JTD), and Test Failure Resolution Reporting (TFRR) Computer Software Configuration Items (CSCI's) w/capabilities.
Learn more about this agency
* Responsible for systems engineering activities required for the assigned mission and/or the design, development, production, test, and support of assigned systems.
* Evaluate contractors' technical proposals.
* Represent his/her organization by engaging with other organizations, including functional counterparts, HQ AFMC, DoD, other federal agencies, industry partners and academia.
Occasional travel - May be required to travel away from duty station by commercial or military aircraft.
* Job family (Series)
0801 General Engineering
Conditions of Employment
* U.S. Citizenship is required
* Males must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal and Regulatory Guidance
* This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
* For more information on Acq Demo please go to DoD AcqDemo Homepage http://acqdemo.hci.mil/ and Fact Sheet http://acqdemo.hci.mil/faq.html
* Recruitment incentives may be authorized
* The incumbent of this position must be able to obtain and maintain the necessary and required security clearance
* Position may be subject to random drug testing
* The incumbent of this position may be required to work overtime or an irregular work shift
* Disclosure of Political Appointments
* This is an acquisition coded position. Selectee must complete required certification level LEVEL 2 in Engineering within 24 months of assignment
* DAWAI Statement: The employee must meet, or be capable of meeting, the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) requirements applicable to the duties of the position
Experience requirements are described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Professional and Scientific Positions.
BASIC REQUIREMENT OR INDIVIDUAL OCCUPATIONAL REQUIREMENT: (All Grade Levels) Candidates for these positions must possess:
A degree: professional engineering. To be acceptable, the curriculum must: (1) be in a school of engineering with at least one curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) as a professional engineering curriculum; or (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics. NOTE: You must submit copies of your unofficial transcripts with your application
NOTE: Applicants with a bachelor's degree in engineering technology or in an appropriate professional field, e.g., physics, chemistry, architecture, computer science, mathematics, hydrology, or geology, must provide a written statement describing the extensive training plan he/she has completed to develop professional engineering competence, or how their several years of engineering-type experience has provided them with the professional knowledge of engineering, which is defined as the comprehensive, in-depth knowledge of mathematical, physical, and engineering sciences applicable to a specialty field of engineering that characterizes a full 4-year professional engineering curriculum leading to a bachelor's degree, or the equivalent.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least 1 year (52 weeks) of specialized experience at the next lower broadband NH-02, equivalent to the next lower grade GS-11 or equivalent in other pay systems. Specialized experience is experience in: systems engineering responsibilities for specific configuration end item(s) within the Autonomic Logistics Information System IPT which requires design, development, and technical engineering to fulfill system requirements.. NOTE: Due to the use of 120-day rosters, this period of experience may be completed within 120 days of the closing date of this announcement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Professional engineering knowledge gained through attainment of a Bachelor's degree in on of the engineering disciplines or equivalent is required. Advanced degree such as Masters or PhD are preferred.
2. In-depth, expert knowledge of the theories, principles, practices, methods, and techniques of aircrew and maintenance training systems acquisition and development.
3. Broad knowledge of weapons systems operational procedures, techniques, climatic and environmental factors that impact training system performance.
4. Knowledge of related engineering disciplines such as systems engineering, controls and displays, on-board computer systems, software development and distribution processing.
5. Knowledge of regulations, policies, and operating instructions, and procedures as they pertain to the preparation of technical documents, technical source selections, statements of work, and design and test standardization.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? If position has a positive degree requirement or education forms the basis for qualifications, you MUST submit transcriptswith the application. Official transcripts are not required at the time of application; however, if position has a positive degree requirement, qualifying based on education alone or in combination with experience; transcripts must be verified prior to appointment. An accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education must accredit education. Click here to check accreditation.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Department Of DefenseHill Air Force BaseUT
VIEW JOBS1/15/2021 12:00:00 AM2021-04-15T00:00SAIC is seeking a principle systems engineer. The GBSD Weapon System is a total replacement of the current Minuteman III weapon system. SAIC provides engineering and acquision support to the US Air Force through the Integration Support Contract. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a once in a lifetime Mega project.
Responsibilities of the systems engineer will include:
* Advising the government on acquisition decisions
* Supporting major design reviews
* Drafting/revising acquisition and planning documents
* Review of contractor decisions, actions and contract deliverables
* Evaluation of weapon system performance against the system requirements
* Perform other systems engineering responsibilities as requested by the Government
* Requirements management and system requirements analysis
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or physics with 9 years' experience in systems engineering of complex systems
* Ability to get a Top Secret clearance
* Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering
* Experience with requirements management tools (DOORS, CORE, ect.)
* Experience directly supporting the customer
* Master's degree and 12 years' experience in systems engineering of complex systems
* Top Secret Clearance
* ICBM experience
Engility CorporationHill Air Force BaseUT
VIEW JOBS1/14/2021 12:00:00 AM2021-04-14T00:00Job Description
What's it like realizing your potential at an innovative company that takes on some of the world's most important challenges? Rewarding. As part of our Systems Engineering and Integration unit, you'll join a diverse group of driven professionals that support enhanced military capabilities, protect national security, and keep critical information and infrastructure secure. With us, you'll be able to make an impact while you hone your skills and grow in your career.
We are looking for a Systems Engineering & Architecting engineer to add their skills to our team supporting sustainment efforts for the Minuteman III Intercontinental Ballistic Missile weapon system. This is an exciting and dynamic job opportunity where you'll not only work on important projects, but help advance the United States military's global strike deterrent system. This position will also need to able to apply a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness to develop solutions to problems of unusual complexity.
In this job, you will:
* Modernize and re-architect engineering data to architecture models in SysML with support of the subject matter experts. Work closely with a team to support the government with the transformation of paper-based documents to Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) products. Research and investigate emerging trends, techniques, methods, and current best practices in the evolution of MBSE, and be willing to be on the forefront and cutting edge of this rapidly growing field.
* Perform Systems Requirements Analysis (SRA) to assure program objectives and system-level requirements are met and integration of system functions, elements, and requirements are involving all of the necessary engineering disciplines in the process. Use SysML to document the SRA data and maintain the data in NoMagic suite of tools.
* Report on project status and progress measured against specific plans. Prepare review packages and present data to both internal and external customers.
* Provide feedback to improve processes, and work to meet engineering objectives. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of developments in the systems engineering disciplines. Ensure cost effectiveness and development of design.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
* Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Engineering; Computer Science; Software; Mathematics; or Physics
* 3+ years with a BS Degree (2+ years with Master's Degree) experience in systems integration and analysis of hardware and software systems/processes
* Obtain ASEP or higher within 6 months of hire
* Obtain OCSMP level 2 certification within 6 months of hire with continued progression
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
* Teamcenter PLM
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.BAE SystemsHill Air Force BaseUT
DISCLAIMER : The names and logos of the companies referred throughout this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.