Be honest about all vehicle assessments and recommended repairs and/or maintenance. 2.Thoroughly review each assigned vehicle and build a detailed estimate of repairs and/or maintenance to the approved standards of the Owner and/or Service Manager. 3.Check the shop provided All Data resource for vehicle Technical Service Bulletins ("TSBs"), and turn in to the Owner or Service Manager with the estimate. 4.Repair and/or maintain customer vehicles to the best of your ability using proper generally accepted procedures. 5.Upon completion of the repair or service the technician must road test every vehicle. 6.Have a positive attitude while at work. 7.Look for ways to provide exceptional service to the customer. 8.Remain flexible in all areas to ensure we provide our customers with exceptional service. 9.Clean assigned bay areas to the approved standards of the owner including your tool box each day before leaving the shop.
CBA Technicians must be team oriented.
Capable of diagnosing and repairing any/all types of vehicles.
Flexible and Focused on maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
Excel at diagnostics and drivability problems.
Have the drive to and the ability to turn 40 hours or more per week.
VIEW JOBS4/15/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-07-14T00:00Job Description
DIESEL TECHNICIAN / DIESEL MECHANIC
TravelCenters of America
TA and Petro
Diesel Technician / Diesel Mechanic - - highly motivated, career minded; entry level or experienced; full time and part time - - come grow with us! Join our nationwide network of Truck Service professionals.
Truck Service Shop
* We provide accurate, efficient service to customers by troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing most makes of commercial vehicles - -trucks and trailers - -in a friendly and safe retail environment.
* We operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week to offer a full range of repair and maintenance services.
* Typical services include: tire repair / replacement, preventive maintenance, diagnostic fault-code troubleshooting using laptop computer / software, electrical, air brake and air conditioning systems diagnosis and repair.
* Technicians are also dispatched from the "RoadSquad" Center to provide emergency roadside assistance to customers.
* And, as the exclusive Freightliner "ServicePoint' network, we provide Freightliner customers warranty repairs as a convenient alternative.
With over 250 locations nationwide, hundreds of drive through repair bays and thousands of employees - mechanics, technicians, service advisors, service writers and managers . . . you will be proud to work as a part of our nationwide team! Come grow with us!
Competitive Pay Plans
Paid Vacation and Holidays
Paid ASE Certification Testing
Continuous Technician Education Program
Educational Assistance Plan
401K Retirement Savings Plan
Variety of Health, Dental and Vision Plans
* Either one year or more mechanical experience or graduate of accredited diesel program
* Either high school diploma or GED
* Current and valid driver's license
* Willingness to work a flexible schedule
* Basic "starter' tool box with hand tools
Travelcenters Of AmericaKnoxvilleTN
VIEW JOBS4/15/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-07-14T00:007241 - Knoxville - 11225 Parkside Dr, Knoxville, Tennessee, 37934
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Tune up your skills in vehicle repair and build a great career
If you want to learn how to repair and recondition vehicles to the highest standards, CarMax is the place to be. You will use your skills to get vehicles ready for our customers, ensuring they are safe and reliable. The Automotive Apprentice will learn to repair engines, adjust steering and suspension, fix heating and air conditioning and more. In return, you will also enjoy a generous range of company benefits including paid vacation, medical and retirement plans, and vehicle purchase discounts.
Ensure every vehicle is one our customers can rely on
At CarMax, our Technicians repair and recondition cars to meet CarMax's high standards. The Automotive Technician's dedication to doing the best possible job will mean our customers can be sure they are buying safe, reliable, high-quality vehicles. From repairing engines to adjusting steering and suspension and checking brakes, we bring out the best in every vehicle. And we'll help bring out the best in you too, with a clean, modern, climate-controlled environment where you can work comfortably all year. You will also enjoy a generous range of company benefits including paid vacation, medical and retirement plans, and vehicle purchase discounts.
What you will do – Essential responsibilities
* Diagnose and repair vehicles to ensure customers can drive away feeling safe and at ease
* Work as part of a team to solve technical problems quickly and effectively
* Build experience as an automotive mechanic across a wide range of domestic and foreign vehicles
* Follow and promote our high standards of safety, cleanliness and organization
Be part of a team that cares about customers and their cars
CarMax technicians work in a fast-paced environment where motivation is key. Working together with other technicians you will solve problems, meet deadlines, and deliver great results. CarMax wants you to produce your best work, so we support our associates by providing the equipment you need to get the job done and the feedback that helps you get better every day. We also promote your interest in learning and development by supporting you in acquiring new qualifications and accreditations.
Qualifications and requirements
* Experience in one or more of the following: engine repair, steering and suspension, breaks, heating and air conditioning
* Knowledge of health and safety compliance
* Manual dexterity and physical stamina, lift heavy objects, and walk and stand for extended periods of time
* Manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
* Good communication skills and attention to detail
* Possession of a valid driver's license
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application .
If you have technical problems when submitting your application, please contact us by phone (888) 922-7629 ext. 3888 or email email@example.com.
VIEW JOBS4/15/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-07-14T00:00Performs or oversees all facility and equipment maintenance, repair, installation, and or removal.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
* Performs all preventive maintenance and repair on all equipment, including but not limited to SMETCO, Palamatic, forklifts, yard truck, compressors, hydraulic systems, electrical systems, plumbing, lighting, heating and air conditioners, production equipment such as nail and screw guns, electric motors, pneumatic and vacuum systems, buildings and the grounds.
* Responsible for the maintenance of all logs related to the machinery.
* Ensures all forklift drivers are certified and certifications are current.
* Responsible for the adherence of all safety and environmental policies and procedures
* Ensures all forklift drivers, maintenance and machine logs are current and accurate.
* Maintains an inventory of spare parts.
* Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
* Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
* Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
* Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one's conduct.
* Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
* Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
* Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
* Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
* Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.