Automotive Technician (Ase)
Chapel Hill Tire
Chapel Hill , NC 27514
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Test drives every vehicle before service or repair to verify customer complaint and recommends drivability and other vehicle concerns.
- Inspects vehicle engine and/or mechanical/electrical components to diagnose and record findings so that necessary repairs can be made.
- Utilizes seat covers and floor mats when appropriate.
- Utilizes company provided diagnostic/checklist sheets to ensure all critical parts are examined.
- Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety and combustion standards, using computerized diagnostic equipment.
- Diagnoses problem using testing procedures to pin point the system(s) that is responsible for creating the problem.
- Develops an understanding of the system(s) in order to identify the component that is failing.
- Questions the cause of the failing component in order to identify whether it is the sole fault of said component or failure(s) of other related component(s) that have caused component failure.
- Conducts check engine light diagnostics and brake inspections
- Details in writing on the work order steps taken to diagnose customer complaint and malfunctioning part, and the necessary steps needed to replace malfunctioning component and all other notes/information relevant to the vehicle.
- Prior to returning work order to service advisor or service manager, automotive technician shall completely fill out complimentary vehicle inspection form. Automotive technician will demonstrate his thoroughness of inspection by checking each individual box on inspection sheet. Straight lines down through the middle of the boxes are not acceptable.
- Recommends thorough repairs that fix customer concerns to the extent that customer should be able to rely on repair lasting 3 year/36,000 miles.
- Performs basic care and maintenance, such as tune-ups and flushes.
- Performs oil changes, tire services, and state inspections when situations dictate so that shop can provide timely service to meet customer demands.
- Conducts repairs according to established company procedures.
- Replaces necessary parts and components with only high quality parts for repairs capable of delivering 3 year/36,000 mile warranty.
- Confirms repairs and services by a thorough test drive on predetermined test drive route that has been established by the store manager.
- Performs other duties as required within the scope of responsibility.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to a satisfactory standard. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:Must meet or exceed standards set by the industry recognized trade organizations. High School diploma or GED preferred. Certification from a vocational school or completion of apprenticeship is preferred. Must have a minimum of 3+ years experience and have working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods. Technicians must have all of the necessary hand tools needed to efficiently perform the duties as well as an ability and willingness to train others.
License/Certification:Valid drivers license required. Valid ASE certifications required.
Language Skills:Ability to exercise excellent communication, organization, time management and listening skills. Must be detail oriented.
Computer Skills: Knowledge of diagnostic tools and equipment a must.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to manage priorities and be able to adapt to meet the diverse needs of our customers. Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance Company
- Paid life insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays and Bereavement Leave Family and Medical Leaves of Absence
- School Visitation Leave
- Jury Duty Uniformed Services Leaves of Absence
- 401K with company match
- Opportunities to advance Clearly defined career paths Technicians: tire & oil changes to Master Tech Sales & Management: Service Advisor to Store Manager On the Job Training / Certifications Hunter Alignment Training Michelin Training Institute Pinnacle Process Accelerated career development Tuition reimbursement