Milwaukie , OR 97222
Posted 2 weeks ago
NOTICE OF JOB OPENINGS
Per the job description below, Warn Automotive has several open Assembler positions available for direct hire. Qualified individuals interested in applying for any of these open positions should visit warnauto.com and search for the Warn AutomotiveAssembler Position on the careers tab.
Working independently and collaboratively with others, this position plays an integral role in executing our mission, philosophy, and commitment to providing high quality products and exceptional customer service to our internal and external customers. In addition to maintaining a high level of trust, integrity and ethical standards, all employees are also expected to promote a culture of safety by following all safety procedures, protocols and guidelines while working in a manner that minimizes the risk of damage to property and injury to the employee and others.
Under close supervision, performs routine and simple tasks in support of assembly, other process operations, or production testing as an integral part of ensuring that we manufacture, produce and provide the highest quality product possible.
The essential functions of this position require prioritizing and completing all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner, adjusting for changing priorities and availability of resources, and demonstrating initiative in identifying additional job-related tasks to be completed when time permits.
- Perform assembly duties as assigned using standard procedures, tools, materials, machines and equipment in a fast-paced work environment while meeting all established production expectations and deadlines.
- Follow well-established guidance from specified process instructions, blueprints, and communicated instructions from other team members.
- Implement the Quality Policy and Procedures in all aspects of daily duties and responsibilities, including evaluating unusual vs. ideal and usual quality based on finished product sound, vibration, temperature, operation and appearance. Inspect parts and products to detect and identify potential defects, anomalies, surface quality non-conformities, and other forms of observable physical or structural product quality deficiencies using personal observations in conjunction with inspection, measuring and calibration devices.
- Utilize designated manual tools, power tools and other provided equipment to build sub-assemblies and mount components and parts to assemblies.
- Collaborate with Warn leadership and team members during team meetings, system reviews, safety meetings, and other forms of problem-solving discussions to further define and improve department strategies designed to meet and exceed quality objectives. Participate meaningfully in Warn safety activities like R3, Safety Committees, Safety checklist/audits, team Safety projects, etc., as directed or requested.
- Serve as a role model for and mentor less experienced or new assemblers on assembly process, responsible and efficient time management, commitment to exceeding quality and production expectations, professional and respectful communication, and safe work habits. Train other assemblers on process and procedure as directed and provide necessary follow-up and guidance to achieve professional development objectives.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned to meet team, department and organizational goals while actively demonstrating accountability and responsibility for achieving desired outcomes and measurable results. Special projects and assignments may include, but are not limited to, (a) rotating through all stations of assembly within the assigned team to provide necessary support and coverage as directed, as well as an assignment to rotate to another team as required to meet production requirements, (b) writing or updating training manuals, and/or (c) offering input during Warn selection process.
- Communicate in a professional, respectful and courteous manner with all employees, customers, vendors, visitors and others with whom we may work or interact. Contribute to a successful work group through positive interactions, active listening, meaningful collaborations, and the constructive exchange of ideas designed to meet or exceed the organization’s strategic goals.
Due to the nature and scope of the essential functions of this position, the importance of personal interactions with coworkers, and the availability of job-related tools, equipment and resources at work, performance of the essential functions requires regular, consistent availability, accessibility, and presence on-site.
Approximately 40 hours / week may be required to efficiently perform the job duties of this position, including presence at designated internal and external meetings. This position may also require availability and accessibility to respond to and address emergencies and critical situations outside of normal business operating hours in the early mornings, evenings and/or during weekends. Overtime may be scheduled and required to meet departmental needs.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- No experience required; demonstrated mechanical aptitude preferred.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills commensurate with the job tasks and position necessary to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external customers while providing exceptional quality of work and outstanding customer service. Ability to present information in a manner designed to educate or inform other team members and customers in one-on-one or group interactions as directed.
- Ability to review, comprehend, interpret, process and evaluate effectively written work instructions and procedures written in English, prints, specs and diagrams, and tool gauges, measuring devices and inspection tools in conjunction with the performance of the essential functions and other assigned job duties.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills including ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced work environment while maintaining a calm, rational and respectful demeanor and communication style in times of stress occasioned by work demands, tight timelines, heavy production expectations, unexpected quality control issues, and other work-related issues or concerns that may cause a heightened level of anxiety, frustration, anger, disappointment, confusion, etc.
- Enthusiastic adoption and consistent demonstration of Warn Automotives’ Core Values: Never Compromise Trust; Honesty; Partner with Customers; Commitment; Teamwork; Personal Development; and Lead by Example.
- Strong technical, trouble-shooting, problem solving, research, organizational and analytical skills, combined with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet established deadlines. Ability to multitask is also essential while remaining flexible with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Well-reasoned decision making with a high attention to detail regarding organization, planning, work flow, and project prioritization to ensure tasks are completed efficiently and accurately.
- Highly ethical, self-motivated individual with ability to work independently and/or with limited direction, as well as cooperatively in a team environment, while consistently demonstrating collaborative, respectful and productive work habits.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Receive, understand, evaluate and appropriately respond to communications from employees, members of management, customers, vendors, and visitors using available technology, in person and in a public setting when necessary.
- Work for extended periods of time in a stationary position daily while performing repetitive assembly-related movements that may include consistently grasping, moving, and manipulating parts, tools, equipment and product in conjunction with completing required job tasks.
- Maintain professional and respectful communication style to ensure reactions and responses to both emergency and non-emergency situations serve as an example to others of appropriate workplace communications.
- Provide intellectually sound and well-reasoned answers, recommendations and solutions to identified business problems, issues and/or questions. Efficiently and quickly analyze, process, manipulate, and accurately record extensive amounts of data (some of which is technical in nature) and other information that serves as the basis for this position.
- Observe and detect product anomalies, quality deficiencies and potential safety hazards using sound, vibration, appearance, temperature, performance, and other measurable quality control indicators.
- Move to, from and within the designated work area frequently and consistently throughout the work day and regularly throughout our building and/or across Warn-related property site locations, possibly during inclement weather.
- Use a personal computer or other technology devices frequently and consistently for the purpose of reviewing, analyzing, creating, transmitting, and presenting documents, data and other business-related information.
- Lift, transport and/or move a specified amount of weight frequently each day in the performance of regular duties as outlined below with respect to each assembly area. Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing and descending a stepladder may also be required.
The team member must be able to lift, transport and/or move items according to the requirements below:
WEIGHT / LOAD REQUIREMENTS: Frequently up to 20 lbs., occasionally up to 50 lbs.
The work environment conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. This position’s job duties are performed generally in a shop or warehouse type environment. Team members in this position may be exposed to loud noises from operating machinery, cold temperatures, chemicals and vapors, and possibly injury associated with work involving manufactured parts, assembly and heavy machinery. The team member may also occasionally be required to work in an office environment with traditional office lighting and office furniture, as well as consistent and frequent noise, interruptions and other similar distractions.
Machines, Tools Equipment, Software:
Assembly presses, manual and power tools, measuring instruments, and lift trucks.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is intended to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be required for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this or similar positions and additional duties may be assigned.