RB Professional Recruiting
Birmingham , AL 35203
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Job Title: Automation/ Controls Engineer
Location: Birmingham, AL
Salary: $90,000 – $130,000
Outstanding Direct Hire opportunity with a growing company located in the Birmingham, AL area, currently seeking an Electrical Engineer with experience in Automation/Controls Engineering. Must have at least 2 years of experience and a BSEE is Required and sponsorship is not available. This position requires technical proficiency in many industrial controls platforms; as well as the ability to directly interact with the customer in design reviews, project updates, runoffs, and installations.
- Electrical design of complete automation systems using AutoCAD Electrical software (Solidworks Electrical preferred).
- Manage time and costs to be within budget and on schedule.
- Designs include power distribution, I/O controls, communications, and panel layout drawings as well as PLC and robot programming.
- Calculating panel SCCR, power rating, and FLA for panel rating.
- Direct electrical assembly during installation of equipment.
- Lead start up at customer and drive project to completion.
- Direct electrical assembly during equipment build.
- Configure, debug, and test equipment on shop floor in preparation of customer reviews.
- Lead runoff on the shop floor with customer.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or 5 years plus relevant work experience
Prefer 5+ years engineering experience in building controls, machine tools, and troubleshooting control systems.
- Robot programming, Fanuc preferred Vision programming, Cognex and Fanuc IRVision preferred Experience with PLC protocols: Allen Bradley RSLogix, Siemens Step7, GE Machine Edition, and Mitsubishi.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels. Ability to lead a project at installation and be the main customer interface.
- Experience setting up and utilizing networks using DeviceNet, Profibus, ProfiNet, Ethernet, Ethernet/IP Experience setting up Allen Bradley and GE HMI screens/panels.
- Understanding of RIA Robot Safety Standards, OSHA Safety Standards, and NFPA 79 standards.
- Health, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability