Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Automation And Controls Engineer - Steel Products
Baton Rouge , LA 70811
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Automation Engineers are needed for a manufacturer of large-diameter steel pipes for natural gas and oil transmission. The Automation Engineer is expected to bring knowledge of Electrical Controls and Automation to the team and assist them in troubleshooting breakdowns on plant equipment, work on plant automation upgrades and new capital improvements.Why work here?:
- Stable business for over 100 years!
- Overtime paid 1.5X over 40 hours per week!
- Paid Vacation and Full Benefits provided!
- No Travel!
- Understanding of the different Automation systems,PLC's, HMI, Variable Frequency Drives (VFD), and SCADA systems.
- Implement code changes subject to a change control protocol.
- Investigate and provide technical advice and support to manufacturing and other departments on Automation related issues.
- Work enthusiastically and with both technical competence and outstanding teamwork to deliver Automation projects in accordance with GAMP guidelines.
- Operate according to SOPs developed for site engineering and maintenance, including those addressing safety and all federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Generate detailed, comprehensive and clearly understandable documentation associated with each of the Automation systems as required.
- Maintain an entrepreneurial approach in all aspects of the job. Identify sub-optimal practices and processes and suggest solutions for improvement. Identify opportunities and champion efforts to improve financial performance.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulatory requirements. Maintain and enforce compliance with all company policies.
- Bachelor's Degree inEngineering
- Experience with Allen-Bradley ControlLogix PLC's and/or Siemens S7 PLC's
- HMI experience - Siemens preferred with WinCC software
- 1+ years of Automation experience in a heavy industrial setting is preferred.
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) experience
- Proficiency with electrical panel layout and design, working with bills of material, understanding electrical schematics and reading & re-lining P&ID drawings is required.
- Ethernet, Devicenet, Controlnet experience and various input and output devices
- Ability to work on rotating shift: 2 shifts of 10 hours (6 am-4 pm, 4 pm-2 am and alternates every week) Shift work will be required prior to moving up into a project engineer position.
- Personal capability to include strong critical thinking, decision quality, initiative and a well-developed sense of urgency.
- Additional cognitive skills and ability to include innovation, learning, knowledge application, handling detail, productivity orientation and time management.
- Intense focus on results characterized by strong goal orientation, planning and resource management.
- Strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on communication and teamwork.
- Excellent knowledge of industrial electronic, electrical and electro-mechanical systems.
- Familiarity with principles of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Strength of character and personal adaptability to include a position work ether highlighted by commitment, trust and integrity along with an ability to engage effectively in constructive conflict.
- The Automation Engineer must be able to climb stairs, ladders, and to climb onto various pieces of equipment to inspect, troubleshoot, and supervise repair and operation of machines and structures. Must be able to move about facility and spend time in mill environment.
- The work environment Includes both general office work and physical work required to assist in troubleshooting equipment. Shifts are scheduled on a weekly rotation between days and nights.